Unexpected Turn!

"Be gentle, her heart has wounds, that haven't bled yet, but they will..."

~one week later, too late in the morning, Blue River pack~

Gabriel's pov

"Welcome home!" I say touched as I raise my hand to Ryker, who takes it after he hesitates for a moment.

He is here, but he is not alone, Becky agreed to come with him and I still can't believe it's true.

This is like a dream and I am excited yet nervous. I am dying and it is just the beginning, so imagine me in a while.

He just got out of his car with Becky and they came alone. I feel hurt Claire, Blaze and Evan didn't come with them, but I understand Claire doesn't feel comfortable and she needs time, so I try to be patient and don't allow it to get me very sad, because the truth is it hurts me a lot to be away from her. I know she has her reasons to feel this way and avoid me, but this distance is a torture.

"Thank you..." Ryker mutters awkwardly and we end our handshake while Becky, who is behind him, wipes her tears with her eyes locked on...

Kaitlyn!

It breaks my heart to see these two crying and they haven't hugged each other yet, they stay motionless and stare at each other in silence and nobody dares to talk or move. Kaitlyn couldn't miss a moment like this. When I told her that Becky and Ryker are going to come here, she couldn't wait to take the first flight, come back and start the preparations for their arrival. I absolutely understand her, her nephew came to his pack and he is going to become the next Alpha and her 'sister' is accompanying him, she won't leave again and Kaitlyn won't lose her from now on.

These two were always very close, they adored each other and they were together all the time, even I was sometimes feeling hurt, because they were leaving me aside. When Becky run away from the hospital, Kaitlyn's heart lost a piece of it and she was never the same girl I used to know, but now they are going to be united again.

"Becks..." Kaitlyn whispers trembling and I smile, doing my best not to cry.

This is really intense, I am very happy for them, I know it was very difficult for them to lose each other and I am responsible for this, it is my fault.

"Lyn, I missed you so much!" Becky exclaims with her voice cracking in the end and they run to each other with the rest of us observing them.

They reach and hug each other and break into sobbing immediately. They murmur things, they cry and kiss and I press my lips together to maintain my composure. I am glad they are so happy and relieved, it was about time.

I take my eyes from them, because I can't bear watching their heartbroken expressions and turn back to Ryker who is standing next to me and behind him are Becky's family, her parents, Ellen and Chase and her brother, Brandon with his mate, Kourtney. I asked from them to be present and they couldn't deny, they wanted it as much as I did and Bianca, Brandon and Kourtney's daughter is not here, because she is at school with Hayley, they are going at the same and they well be here in about two hours, two trusted guards of mine are going to bring them back when they finish school.

After them I turn to look at my parents, who are already crying and they can't decide whom to look at between Ryker and Becky and I lose my temper when I see how happy and hurt they are. They always loved Becky like their second daughter, they somehow raised her with Becky's parents, because she was here with Kaitlyn every day and when we realized we were mates, they were extremely relieved for me and the pack. They knew what a kind and sweet soul Becky had and they could see we loved each other, but then I ruined everything and...