Wild Instincts.

Always trust your instincts, they know what your mind hasn't figured out yet.

~about an hour later, Blue River Pack, pack house~

Hayley's pov

I look at the closed cut on my knee one last time and pull down the one leg of trousers.

I don't know how it's getting healed so quickly when the cut seemed to be so deep, but I mustn't complain. It stopped bleeding too fast and it doesn't hurt that much. I am not used to these, I usually have a hard time trying to stop my bleedings and the pain is a lot for me to take, but not this time.

I stand up appropriately and look at myself in the mirror one last time before I get out from the bathroom. I was too pale before I take a warm bath, but due to the warm water I am not that much anymore, I have blushed a lot.

Also, I can feel no pain although I had been running and I am still bruised everywhere and especially on my stomach and I have no clue how this is happening, it is just that my body feels sore. Moreover, I am still shaking, I feel extremely tired and weak, I am standing on my feet with difficulty and my heart doesn't feel the same anymore, something has changed and I can't explain what this is exactly.

Haven is moving restlessly in my mind from the moment we came back and she is getting on my nerves, she is making me dizzy and that fact that she is not even talking is more frustrating than when she actually talks. I mean, I prefer her to say her bitterness and then leave me the hell alone as usual, because I really need some peace, but it looks like she has decided to make things worse for me and I am running out of patience.

This stupid, bitch wolf is unbelievable and crazy, she does hate me, I am more than sure now. She knows that her words and offences can't affect me anymore, so she found another way to make my life a living hell.

I place my hands on the bench and close my eyes exhaling.

I can't think, I mean I am trying to understand what happened to me, but my brain shuts down every single time I try and I am still confused. Everything happened too fast and all I know is that I thought I was getting crazy, I couldn't stop myself from going to the end of the lake on the other side of the forest. It was like something was forcing me and I had no other option, I couldn't resist, I was controlled and this is kind of scary.

I won't even mention the 'vision' (I guess) I had with Michelle. It was a real nightmare and my grandpa's words broke my heart, now I get it, but back then I thought I had no problem, I am used to hear things like these about her and I agree, I am never going to excuse her.

I just want to understand why that happened, it came out of nowhere and it was not a panic attack like those I have these last months. When I have them, I can do nothing, I can't even breathe, I just cry, fall on my knees and I try to focus, calm down by thinking something I like and then breathe. This time it definitely wasn't a panic attack. I would describe it better as manic episode, because I was happy for the very first time in my life since yesterday and when we got gathered to discuss, things got out of control, I felt my father's pain, my grandpa's anger and this change of feelings overwhelmed me way too much.

But...

What about the deer?

I still can't believe I saw one from so close, it was like it was waiting for me, it didn't leave, it didn't run away, it almost touched me, I felt his breath on my forehead.

I am sure I didn't imagine it, although my father thinks otherwise... You see, the deer left when we listened to him calling me and when he appeared, the deer was gone for good and it left no scent behind it, which is something that freaks me out.