10. We Are All Drunk

Roshambo / Tormund out now!

It should have been weird between them but instead Odessa and Viserys were drawn to each other even more.

Their touches lingered in public. Viserys found reasons in a crowded room to whisper sweet nothings in Odessas ear that made her blush.

"Mums got a crush." Ollivander decided.

"On who?" Ophelia countered and she jimmied the lock. "Got it."

"The king." Ollivander clarified. Ophelia gaped back at him.

"No. Hes the opposite of father." Ophelia countered. "You are mistaken."

"Nah, I dont think I am." Ollivander countered.

"Father was brave, fearless, loved our shenanigans." Ophelia countered. "He had deep black hair and-"

"The king likes his books and figurines and has old man white hair at 30. I know." Ollivander assured. "But I also see the way they look at each other when they think no one is watching." He countered. Ophelia glanced down the vacant hall before pushing open the door.

"Hes married." Ophelia countered.

"Ry. Back me up. Mums got the hots to viserys." Ollivander countered.

"What are you doing breaking into uncle ottos office?" Orion countered.

"Im-"

"Never mind," orion countered. "Im on a mission."

"You get your shooter to work?" Ophelia questioned.

"No. Im working on something new. The Starks inspired it." Orion remarked.

"Really?" Ophelia questioned.

"Ready for desserts all year round?" Orion agreed.

"Um what kind of question is that?" Ophelia countered. "Are you making an ice box?"

"How did you guess?" Orion countered. "Ollivander still hasnt guessed it correctly and you got it on the first try."

"I'm me." Ophelia agreed.

"I would have guessed it eventually," Ollivander grumbled. "Whats an ice box?"

"What are you three doing in here?" Viserys questioned. Ophelia turned around a big smile on her face.

"What are you doing here?" She countered.

"Looking for your uncle." Viserys answered

"Thats what we were doing!" Ollivander decided. " What a coincidence."

" why were you looking for your uncle? Maybe I can help." Viserys offered.

" better question why were you looking for our uncle?" Orion countered. Viserys chuckled.

" Well, it's about your mother actually." he admitted.

" what about our mum?" Ophelia demanded.

" her name is coming up, but I want to do something special for her. I suppose you three could help me out. I want to throw a party. All her favorites. I want to make the day as special as can be. Do you think three would like to help me with that?" Viserys looked between them.

"Of course." Ophelia answered. She took a step closer. "What is going on between you and my mother?" 

"She is my oldest and dearest friend." Viserys answered. 

"RIght." Ollivander winked back at him. 

"YOu know I think I have a council meeting to get to, will you excuse me?" Viserys questioned already turning around. 

"He's up to something." Ophelia decided. 

"With mum, like I said. King has the hots for mum." Ollivander declared. 

+

"The refrigerated box. No longer will we store meat in the snow and hope it is not stolen by animals or bacteria." Orion remarked proudly. "I told you I just needed more time." Odessa chuckled. "It is a change people have dreamed of and will change the course of human history and it will be all thanks to Orion Bolton!"

"It's wonderful!" Odessa agreed. "Feels like winter in a box!"

"Exactly!" Orion agreed.

"My brilliant boy!" Odessa declared kissing his head.

"I had what is called a stroke of genius, something I am often stroked with." Orion remarked proudly.

"Your boy is so humble." Viserys mused.

"Gets that from me." Odessa agreed bumping her hip into Viserys.

"Um... I hope you are enjoying the party, Dessa." Viserys remarked. 

"Oh yes, very much so." Odessa agreed. "Thank you for making such a fuss about me, I do adore the spotlight." Odessa added. 

"I know you do. I... I meant to tell you this before and not ruin today but Aemma is glaring at us and I feel I should say it." Viserys remarked gently. 

"You want me to take a step back." Odessa realized. "Put some distance between us? You are going to try again with your wife?" Viserys sighed. "Tis what I said when I came to you but you seemed to forget her that night." 

"I did- I mean-" He shook his head debating his words that kept getting scrambled in his brain. 

"I'm always going to love you Viserys. You are my best friend." Odessa remarked. "If that is all we can be then so be it. But know that if you ever want more... I want more." Viserys nodded as she kissed his cheek. His eyes closed as her touch lingered. 

Odessa danced as the music played, strumming along their strings, tapping on their drums, blowing sweet melodies into their flutes. Viserys watched her intensely when Aemma came up requesting a dance. 

"You did all this for her." Aemma remarked grabbing tightly to Viserys hand. 

"She is my friend." Viserys agreed. 

"I dont remember the last time we had such an extravagant event for anyone, not Rhaenyra, not myself even... yet you do all this for her."  Aemma baited him. 

"Odessa lost her husband this is the first name day without him, I thought it would be a good distraction. SHe was married to him for over ten years, spent every name day, every holiday with him."

"That is very kind of you Viserys." Aemma offered. "You have a kind heart." 

Viserys gaze shifted to Odessa spinning around with Orion and Ollivander as Ophelia rose her hands up into the air spinning, her dress flowing around her as Alicent ran up laughing out. Rhaenyra wasnt much of a dancer, she got that from her father, she stayed by the sweets table sneaking a sip or two of wine when no one was looking. 

Odessa was a giggle bug by the end of the night, Otto came up to her kissing her cheek. 

"Are you drunk?" Otto questioned Odessa and she looked him seriously as she answered. 

"It's midnight, we're all drunk."