24. Picky

Devotion/ Game of Thrones out now!

"Another drink from the ice box? You had hot flashes last night." Viserys remarked as if she needed to be reminded.

"No. But something- oh another drink. Yes. Fine. Good idea." Odessa admitted. "Oh and a salty sweet cucumber."

"Pickles mum. Im calling them pickles." Orion corrected. With odessas many food cravings orion had shifted his great mind into creating new foods.

"Why is that again?" Viserys questioned.

"Because mum is picky when pregnant." Orion offered.

Otto loved that viserys was stepping up. The little bits of the wedding were starting to be planned out. He loved that besides the unfortunate bed rest Odessas pregnancy was going smoothly. Otto loved his baby sister and worried at first when her activities with the king came to light. But seeing them together, Otto knew it was true love. It was one for the ages.

"Oh and I think I got the shooter ready. Should be ready in time for the babys arrival-"

"Again. Not a great gift for a new born," odessa added.

"For protection." Orion corrected.

"I thank you for that." Odessa agreed.

"You mother will be queen soon enough. She will be the most protected woman in westeros." Viserys added.

"What about her heart?" Ophelia questioned.

"I will cherish that," viserys assured.

"You didnt cherish your past Queen." Ollivander added bluntly. Odessa grumbled out trying to hush him.

"It is true. Aemma and I are not in love." Viserys remarked. "She will be my queen in name and nothing more. The mother of my daughter rhaenyra but odessa, my sweet wonderful odessa-" viserys grabbed her hand. "She will be my queen. I will cherish her and protect her until my dying day."

"King of my heart." Odessa purred.

+

Odessa had been bed ridden for long that when the maesters got her up and mover her to the birthing bed she forgot how painful and tiring childbirth was. She was laid up gaining weight in more ways than one and losing muscle. So the physical labor of giving birth was killing her.

Odessa cried out. She couldnt do it. She didnt want to keep going. This was too hard. She wasnt old but damnit she never felt weaker. She tried to push and use long forgotten abdominal muscles as she gripped tight to viserys hand.

The maester and nurses kept shouting to push as if she wasnt trying that suggestion already. She groaned out exhausted. She flopped back needing a moment.

The moment the baby was born viserys was going to legitimize him. Odessa knew it was a boy. She had already been thinking of names.

Within a few moons once odessa was back in her feet. Her body returned to normal she hoped, she would be crowned Viserys queen. Aemma wasnt happy but she hoped the babe would be a real bastard. Hoped odessa fucked a knight or two and pretended it was viserys.

Aemma heard about odessa. Did some digging herself. Odessa wasnt sweet and innocent. Her children were dangerous as well. Aemma couldnt believe her reign was falling for the likes of a hightower.

"Another push!"

Odessa really didnt remember it being this hard when she had Ollivander. Gods she felt like an old lady. She was tired and had sweat in places she really didnt think she should, she felt like she was going to push out a shit at this rate, if only her colon wasnt so constipated, maybe she could have gotten both her womb and colon pushed free. 

She wasnt moving, it wasnt her body's fault that the dumb maester put her on bed rest and she needed to move about for her body to be prepared for pushing out a child. It was the maesters fault this was taking forever.

"Push!"

"I get it." Odessa griped. She held tight to Viserys hand,  she loved that he wanted to be here for this.

It was longer and harder. Ollivander wasnt a baby anymore. He was a little man. It had been years. Of course it took longer her body hadnt been stretched to this point in ages. She eas basically a child herself when she had them. She was a woman grown and hoped that this wouldnt be the last child she had with viserys.

When she pushed out a little boy, silver hair and violet eyes little flecks of hightower greens Odessa smiled. Her baby boy. She knew it was a boy all along. This little boy was the heir of the seven kingdoms.

Viserys held him up. His pride and joy. A son. An heir. The heir. Viserys looked to odessa. Tears in her stunning green eyes.

"Something with an O." Viserys suggested. Odessa nodded. She knew just the name. A name fit for a king.

"Oberyon."