𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

10:44

I glance at my small golden watch once more.

Three hours until the first Friday practice round.

I can't help but constantly look around. In fear of seeing him or even his manager out on this open compound.

It's been ten hours since that bastard trapped me inside a metal fucking box. Pressed his ridiculously fit body close to mine as calculated moves tied me around his physique like a thread around a bobbin.

Keeping the thin line of attention inside his pocket, only to unreel it when needed.

Eye bags covered with concealer freshly bought this morning when seeing how, the one I had brought, hadn't covered my restless eyes even in the slightest.

I search the small bag for a pair of sunglasses. Dark blue boot cut jeans and light long sleeved shirt attached like a second skin. Invisible bubble shielding me from the outside world as boots stomp along the narrow path to my teams residence.

Walking with confidence despite knowing the floor underneath, is thinner than eggshells. Bound to break and crack in half with each and every step I force myself to take.

"A little late now are we?"

My bosses voice shatters the imaginary path with a single hit. Dressed in rather formal attire than the one she usually wears. Black dress pants and matching top, legs crossed as a laptop closes and a chair underneath the desk pulls out.

"Come sit," the smile on her tinted lips doesn't quite mach the intentions written behind her lashes. "Love the sunglasses."

Dark shades now off my nose and folded inside my palm. Wary warning swirling onside my gut.

Ramona doesn't make compliments. Ever.

"Something you have to tell me? Perhaps about an interview you made me do without my agreement?" Voice low to avoid attention from the many people around.

The entire space gets scanned multiple times before I receive an answer.

Look on her face, not so bright anymore.

In most cases, a job description – unlike a contract of employment – is not a legally binding document You can be asked to take on other duties, if these are reasonable.

I recall my research from last night.

"Sit down Vivian, please."

The change in tone makes me listen. "Amanda did me a really big favour a while back," forced smile, long gone and replaced by something else.

"And now it's my turn. I apologize for going behind your back, she needed an interview and she insisted you'd be the perfect fit." Head lowered to display guilt.

Fucking snake. Is that woman trying to manipulate me?

"All forgiven," I act like the stupid clueless thing she believes I am.

"It's just," the show doesn't end with the long pause. "I received an email this morning about yesterday. Apparently the video material is unusable and the agreement on my behalf still isn't completed."

Making sure my nodding stays consistent as I try to take a glance at the half open laptop page.

Why need me to do these things for her? What kind of favour could she possibly need to make up for?

I just don't understand why.

My head turns back when silence takes the lead of the conversation. Tiniest eye squint quickly covered by that terrible facade of hers.