𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

My chest rises at the change of the direction. A fight no longer the main event as soon as an unexpected whisper leaves his lips. Now all that remains, heavy breaths as we share intense eye contact.

He meant to say it. Not one single sign of regret when he himself heard the spoken.

"Why'd you have to look so hot."

No question mark.

My mind goes crazy. An overflow of thoughts. Not a heartbeat ago I was ready to punch that prick in the face, again. To be completely transparent with myself here, I am, more than ready to do so, again- just.

God I can't believe that guy.

First throwing me over his back to jump off a yacht, then straight up insulting the life out of me.

Now a compliment?

At least I believe that's what it is. Yet the possibility of Lando Norris ever saying something so out of context- so out of the blue that it even makes me question my own sanity. That alone already enough to break your head.

Because right now it seems to be messing with mine. Pretty bad.

No- I don't, I choose to not think about him and his meaningless words. But seeing the veins sculpted along his arms, kinda twist with my already shattering plan.

Even more when the unsolvable puzzle takes a step forward. Slowly, not to overstep the long burned line in between.

"I gladly avoid you every second of the day," the moles spread around olive skin glisten with small water drops. "And I try to, believe me."

Every movement calculated and careful. The look he holds within his eyes, magnetic and filled with undiscovered desires and riddles.

"Yet somehow, you're always in my way."

Walking so imperceptibly quiet, I fail to recall the time span in which he neared me so closely. Announcing the last step right before the line, to signal how far he's willing to go before unlocking unknown territory.

Actions on hold until I agree to participate in the dangerous game we've been playing all along.

"Now tell me Vivian," his eyes press for an answer. A response to his invitation, eager to unravel the hidden, all while patiently waiting. For anything I might offer.

He wants for the next move to be mine. Handing over control so I could make the decision for both of us.

Voice hardly audible, challenging and loathed in provocation. "Why is that?"

I struggle to keep up eye contact, my lashes begging to feather shut due to the deep sent of ocean water mixed with a faint hint of spicy pepper and sour citrus. The air in between, drenched in luring perfume and desire.

I hesitate to answer, pulling together all my sanity to restrain evil.

I clear my voice and speak up, "I don't know what you're talking about." Then take a big step back and escape the shared space, escape him. Tell Norris to go fuck himself and continue my life without ever crossing his path.

Yeah, that's what I should have done.

But instead, I set free all of the hatred, anger and despise I feel towards him, by smashing my lips onto his.

That's when the immediate reaction to take back over sets in. His hands possess my hips, pressing them against something to withstand his force. Shivering back therefore, colliding with the wall.

I bite down my cheeks to withstand the piercing whine that pushes to escape. The pain, rather quickly blending with the pleasure of his warm skin against mine.