𝗦𝗜𝗫

Sunday

"Hello and welcome back to an overcast and muggy Baku City Circuit."

"Well, the action has been absolutely non-stop on this first Sprint weekend of the season, from crashes to mechanical issues to overtakes to one rather heated discussion. But it is finally Sunday, and that means it is nearly time for the Grand Prix at last," the commentators voices beam loud trough every screen.

"While Perez won the Sprint and picked up eight points yesterday, his team mate could only manage third after some car damage slowed him down. That damage came as a result of a coming together on the first lap with George Russell, an incident that displeased Verstappen to such an extent, he went and had words with the Mercedes man as soon as he climbed out of the cockpit."

"The good news for the Dutchman is that Russell is starting much further back today so a repeat is unlikely, with Verstappen lining up second and Russell 11th."

"Lewis Hamilton starts fifth for Mercedes, who have been off the pace so far this weekend." Everyone paying attention to the monitors, now reminded.

I twist my sweaty hair into a loose rope before putting it up and securing to with a claw clip. Matching my brown, shoulder-less top. The white, thin linen pants I packed, somewhat dragging out the heat.

A wave of fresh sweeps my  face the second I spot a a flowery dress swinging trough the paddock. Big smile directed towards every person she makes eye contact with.

"Don't you look smoking hot today Lil," I shout from where I'm stood.

I watch as she struggles too make out what direction the sentence was coming from. All worries of someone catcalling her washed ways as soon as she spots my grinning face. She walks closer, eyes forming a half moon shape along with the rosy laugh.

"How are you not dying of heat, you look so put together.," she briefly hugs me, her good mood instantly transferring over.

I wish.

"It's hot, it's sticky and it's nearly time for the Formation Lap." We heard the commentators voice, it adding the perfect statement into our conversation.

"It really is," both our laughs mix together. "I gotta run but what are you doing Tuesday?"

Shopping trip with Carmen.

A crooked smile when I speak, "I've got something planned with Cami."

"Perfect you two are going golfing with us then. It's just gonna be the girls and a few of the guys tagging along," she speaks with optimism.

I hesitate. I know Cami wouldn't be the one to reject the idea. Still, I'm unsure whether we'll be able to talk while being around a large group of people. But looking right at Lily's pleading expression, I can't help but accept for the both of us.

So I give in. "I'll ask her. I guess we could swing by."

She claps her hands in excitement. One big signature smile lighting up the paddock.

"Great! I'll text you the details later, speak to you after the race," a kiss is sent to me from the other side of the street. And the pattern of her flowy dress becomes unreadable.

"Best of luck to Alex!" 

She sends one last wave before disappearing into the Williams building further down.

"Wishing your luck to the wrong driver, aren't you."

A body hovers over mine. I turn around to find no other but the one I've been trying to eliminate from my mind.