𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

"I don't think she's allowed to do that."

The long grey bag in between my feet swas from left to right as the cart drives over gravel. Attention fixated onto fidgety fingers, wrapping themselves around the metal handle of the lend golf club.

Didn't think I'd be stepping foot inside a golf club ever again.

I swore myself I wouldn't.

"She's my boss Carmen. She can do whatever she pleases," I push my shoulders back, straightening my posture as were starting to approach the group.

"No I'm almost certain she can't make you do that. I'm telling you Vivian. You still have that copy of your contract?" Her foot hits the brake causing the small vehicle to stop in the middle of the gigantic track.

Well, it must be somewhere. Probably laying in a folder at my fathers office. "Nope," I shake my head, "They literally took every document."

"I swear to god V you should've sued that pretentious psychopath," anger and pity miserably hid behind her pupils.

The eyes. The eyes, never lie. Windows to your soul they say. One look can supposedly tell you all about ones intentions. About their dreams, desires, fires hid within.

But then why couldn't I decipher his.

How could I have been so... blind? Not able to decode the demon send my way.

"What do you think about the video?"

Her brows straighten, all past worries disappearing back into the big box both her and I use to store all the damage caused by the one person worse than my father. Closing the lid back up, sealing and securing all the misery stored inside.

"You did well. Don't let Ramona talk you down," she steps back onto the gas pedal, following my silent plead of avoiding to talk about the worst betrayal of my life.

"Have you read the comments," I reached to grab my phone, my friends hand, beating me to it.

"No vamos hacer eso," the device now inside her white back pocket. "George said it was the most he'd ever laughed during a video."

That's because he finds everything funny. Still I nod, internally thanking her for always backing my side.

Carmen twists the keys, exiting the golf cart with a bag strap hung on her right shoulder. "I though you said only a few people would come."

The group had just begun to spot us, three out of what must have been ten people, approaching.

Should've worn my goddam glasses.

"So glad you made it," a cute orange skirt and matching sports bra takes turns hugging Carmen and I.

"Wouldn't want to miss sporty Kika in action," I greeted with only half the enthusiasm. "No flowers today Lily?" I scan her rosy pastel-pink one piece, cute cap atop her tied hair.

"Nope. Alex was in charge of bringing them today. Hoped he would be wearing some cute underwear, but he brought me a bouquet instead," she pointed at something further down the hill.

I swear I'm starting to see less by the day.

Yet, I fail to overlook a certain silhouette. Name already swirling on my tongue, eager to be spoken aloud.

Of course he'd be here. They're friends after all.

"I'm Alexandra," my head turns back to where the five of us were standing. "I want to apologize for not introducing myself at the club in Bahrain."