004 ➥ heading in the right direction

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

The place Liam was talking about was definitely outside. Just not what Emma had imagined.

It was a private corner of sorts limited by a metal fence where you could see a lot of the grass as well as loads of people in the distance. The only thing that gave this little dingy spot a bit of personality was the no smoking sign plastered on the outside wall.

Emma suspected that Liam had chosen that place because all in all, it was fairly private.

With a loud sigh, he sat down and pulled out a cigarette pack from his pocket as well as a lighter. He put the murderous object between his lips and lit it like he'd been doing so for ages, which seemed fitting.

Only then did he realize that Emma was still on her two feet, watching him move and do his thing. "Get down 'ere, you." He smiled, patting the empty spot to his right. "It's not as dirty as it looks, I promise."

Emma snickered under her breath and as much as she doubted him, she sat down next to him nonetheless. The air was warm but not overbearing; it was nice to be alone with him.

The girl's eyes landed on the cigarette between his lips. "Can I?" She blurted out.

Liam's eyebrows shot up. "I thought you said you didn't smoke."

"I know, I just want to see what all the fuss is about." Emma shrugged.

This was partially true. But in all honesty, she felt herself wanting to share something with him.

Liam handed her the cancer stick with a snort before pulling his sunglasses down. Emma held it between her thumb and her index finger for a moment, inspecting it. She then proceded to put it between her teeth, not doing anything with it just yet other than observe it.

She must've looked ridiculous because Liam barked out a laugh at the sight of her. "For fuck's sake, do I need to give you a step by step?"

Emma's eyes rolled to the back of her head but didn't reply. She readjusted the cigarette so it was sitting between her lips and took a generous puff.

Yuck.

She gave the cigarette back to Liam in the midst of a cough attack that left them both with tears in their eyes, albeit for different reasons. While Emma felt like she was dying, Liam was laughing like he'd never seen anything so funny in his life.

"Not your thing, then?" He snickered.

"Never again. Fucking hell." Emma grimaced, shaking her head and screwing her eyes shut. "D'you do this shit every day?" She asked. When Liam nodded, she cringed. "Jesus Christ, that's disgusting. Love yourself man, please."