31

Eren slammed his door shut and breathed heavily. Sittting down on a nearby stool he gripped his knee and gasped out short breaths as tears flooded his eyes. He didn't want to live like this anymore. Was the fate of a royal like himself to be king and force his seed upon a woman? He looked up at the painting of his mother that hung in his room and took out the book from his satchel and looked back and forth from the book to the painting of his mother.

"What truly was your fate mother?... everyone said it was the plague. A sickness that swept the noblepeople, the town and such, but was it really? Were you really just ill? There must be more to such attrocities... Mother I can not bear another day within this castle." He got up from his chair and knelt down to the painting and smiled. "Venus loved you so and I know you cared for Venus the same... I know you are not in this world no more, but please... please you must tell me that my love for Venus in your eyes is good and true right?" Eren stared up at the painting and sighed. "Why must I make a fool out of myself. Here I am kneeling to the painting of my mother... foolish."

He sat down by his table and stared down at the book, its Latin words seemed to consume him as he slowly opened and flipped from page to page. Such power, such capability piqued his interest to such degree he felt himself growing obsessed, and there he was head deep within a book, an ancient book as he learned more and more of its abilities that can be given and passed down through the spilling of royal blood.

As he was enamoured, the painting of his mother seemed to have shift as if it were watching over her son and there in all of its pained glory and defeat a drop of ink stained red poured through the painting where his mother's eyes had been painted. She looked as if she was crying.

Weeping... blood.

꒷꒦︶꒷꒦︶꒷꒦︶꒷꒦︶꒷꒦︶꒷꒦︶꒷꒦︶꒷꒦︶꒷꒦︶꒦꒷

𑁍┊-TiredBunBun