1. Pilot

Its been a month since Davina Claire closed the book of her old life as a witch. Even though it wasnt her option. She never wanted to be one of them. A vampire. And she knew, her anchestors would punish her. But the physical pain right now for her was the least problem. Davina had to deal with her new enemy and at the same time, weakness. Blood.

The first few weeks were difficult for her. She didnt want to complete the transition, in spite of the tries Marcel did to convince her. Not only Marcel. Rebekah was trying really hard to convince the young girl accept her new life. And actually, they did it. Davina's transition wasnt an easy one, but it happened.

Everything now was so difficult for her. The annoying daylight, the pain she had in her mouth because of her fangs, her hunger. And the worst? Kol wasnt there. For her, that was the only pain she felt.

The Mikealsons helped her to "discover" her new abilities. Compulsion, super speed and much more fascinated things she could explore! She quickly got used to the vampire life, but the uncontrolable hunger was something she couldnt deal.Yet.

At first, she tried to came in contact with Kol, phone calls, messages. But there wasnt an answer. And the blank space she had, could never be filled without him. However, she got used to this 'blank space'. His presence wasnt there anymore and she was losing her hopes. She thought she would never see Kol Mikealson again.

The Mikealsons invited her to stay with them, so they could help her and keep an eye on her. So one morning...

Davina's Pov:

I turned side and slightly opened my eyes. The once warm sunlight hit my face, forcing me to close my eyes again. But i didnt want to sleep. I yawned loudly and rubbed my eyes. I tried to find my balance and wake up from the deep sleep i was in. I stepped a few meters away from the bed, heading to the door.

Probably i was alone in the mansion. Or the others were sleeping. Of course, i was heading downstairs, to the kitchen. Hopefully, Rebekah wouldnt have taken the blood bags from the fridge last night.

Yup, Rebekah was trying to help me with 'the vampire diet'. Thats how she was calling it. Well 'torturing' its more suitable name in my case.

She was trying to help me with the blood, by taking all the blood bags there were in the fridge. God, i regret everyday the moment i told her to do this! Of course, i dont drink human blood. I had promised to myself i wouldnt kill. Besides, its not in me! Its really shelfish, killing people so you can feed on them. And disgusting.

I walked in the kitchen silently and looked behind. Fortunately, Rebekah was no where to be found.
I smirked like a winner as i felt i tricked Rebekah. When i opened the fridge, i saw a few blood bags and grabbed two of them. In fast moves, i opened it and started gulping the liquid. But then..

"Guh! Vervain!" i said and coughed.

Abruptly i heard a small laugh and when i turned around i saw Rebekah leaning on the wall, with a big smirk across her face.

"I knew you would come here" she said and laughed again.

"Its not funny! It burned my tongue.." i hissed and coughed again.

"If you keep doing this, you are not helping yourself"

"But i cant!" i shrugged and hopped on the counter. "I smell it from miles away now Rebekah! And it sucks!"

"I know but you have to try" she insisted and i was about to argue but i just swallowed my anger and left a heavy sigh.

"I'm going for a walk" i shrugged and rushed out.

The cold morning air hit my face as i was walking down the street. I cant keep up like this! Rebekah is right! I have to stop thinking about blood all the time. But what else i could do? Thinking about blood was the only thing i had now. My magic is gone so i cant practise on any spell. Marcel was coming rarely and Klaus was always in a rush.

The back old routine. But more boring. What Kol would do in my place? Of course being in trouble or torturing a person.

This week i havent thought about him. And i think its better not to. Its not like thinking about him will bring him back, right?

And then an idea popped in my head. A trip! A trip away from New Orleans would be perfect! I dont have to do something better here so, why not?

I smiled wide and quickly turned around and headed to the French Quarter, while i was dialing Marcel's number.

"Marcel hey"

"Good morning D"

"How are you?" i asked cheerfully waiting impatiently to ask my question.

"Good, pretty good. Is something wrong?"

"No actually everything is perfect! Can i come over the French Quarter? I have to tell you something important"

"Sure i'll be waiting. Josh is here too"

"Perfect. I'll be there in a minute"

I smiled and hanged the phone. Another trip after so long!

****************

"What?"

"Come on Marcel dont nag or argue, please" i said and smiled innocently.

"Oh so what you want me to say? Of course you can go?"

"Yes"

"D, no! I dont agree with that. Not that you are gonna listen to me"

"You know me so well Marcel" i said and hugged him. "I'm actually leaving right now"

"You kidding me"

"Not at all" i said and shook my head.

That moment Josh walked in and smiled.

"Hey D" he said and we hugged each other.

"Hey Josh" i smiled and looked back to Marcel. "Soo...?"

"Its your choice. You are an adult now, you know whats best for you" said Marcel and i giggled.

"I knew you would agree" i said and hugged him.

"What happened here?" asked Josh and i smiled.

"I'm leaving" i said and Josh narrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" he asked and i smiled excited.

"For a trip" i said and he smiled.

"Really? Thats amazing Davina" he smiled and i giggled.

Josh knew about my new life. He actually supported me a lot and he visited me often.

"Excuse me now but i have to be prepared for my trip" i said and walked. "Call Rebekah and tell her i left" i yelled as i was leaving.

I smiled and closed my eyes. I was ready for my next trip and i couldnt wait! I was leaving from this city and let behind the memories i had from him...