34. Turn of events

The whole Rajvansh villa was filled with a crowd, everyone was present there. The whole city has come, big personalities , family members, relatives, friends, everyone. But it's not some happy gathering today, they have gathered today for the last rites of the eldest member since the Rajvansh family. 

Yes, yesterday night Abhimaan's Grandfather passed away due to his age related problems. 

Gautam performed his last rites and they have just returned after the ritual. People have started to leave after paying their praying and comforts but the family was satisfied that he doesn't have to go through some painful death. 

"What a great man was he??" The state minister said to Gautam while talking about him. Everyone knows he has done a lot for the city and for people's welfare. 

"Now his legacy is in your hand, Young Man. He was very very fond of you, he loves you more than his own son, Abhimaan." He said to Abhimaan who was just standing there quietly. 

Gautam looked at him, and joined his hands with the minister when he left. Arunima and Samaira were sitting with the ladies.

It came as a shock for everyone when Gautam came into father's room early in the morning to check on him as always. He was an old man, so he always came to check on him and to help him if he needed to. 

Arunima was looking at Abhimaan from far, as he was way too quiet. He didn't shed a single tear when he saw his Dadu for the last time. 

The whole day was spent in this and in the evening only family members left. Arunima asked the staff to prepare something for the family as they didn't have anything in the whole day. 

.

.

Samaira entered her room after a long and sad day. She was looking for Abhimaan as he has not eaten anything, so Arunima asked her to take their food in the room. As everyone needs time to deal with this situation. 

She found the room empty, she even checked in the balcony but he was not there. She looked for him in the whole room, but she couldn't find him. Now she started to get worried, and some negative thoughts started to come into her mind. 

When hours back she found him packing her clothes like this she got shocked, but soon she noticed he had also packed his clothes with her. 

"Abhimaan...What??" She asked him slowly, not understanding anything. He stopped and looked at him, his face was blank. Emotionless!

"Mom called , we need to go home. " As soon as he finished the sentence, she understood everything is not good. And without asking anything she came with him. Before going out, she turned back to look at her home . Don't know she was feeling heavy and uneasy, she felt like to embrace her whole home in her memories. 

During the whole ride they didn't talked anything about their personal issue as it was not the correct time, they reached home and last she saw him standing at the entrance standing silently. 

She found him with his mother in her room, she thought not to disturb them. So she silently left .

.

.

It was late night and Abhimaan has not returned back. Samaira was waiting for him, as they were not talking much still she never sleeps without his returning back or having food. 

It was the thirteenth day after the demise of their grandfather, today they did all the final rituals according to their family customs. Samaira entered the room and found the whole room dark, she switched on the lights . Abhimaan was already laying on the bed, covering his face with his arm. He opened his eyes, and for a second their eyes met but before anything happened he looked away and then turned on his side, closing his eyes.