Chapter 9~ Forgetting

The next day Fern woke up confused. She was staring at a barn roof.
What? Where's the Brookclan apprentice den?
She shook her head and stood up, and pang shot up her leg.
She couldn't remember anything.
She saw a strange black she- cat with white toes sitting over a bowl of something brown and hard shaped like rabbit droppings.
"Good morning, Fern." The cat purred. "You're finally awake. The housefolk who comes every week will be coming soon."
"What 'housefolk'? Who are you, and how do you know my name? Where's Rustycloud?"
The she- cat looked confused. "What're you talking about? Who's Rustycloud?"
"Rustycloud's my mentor!" Fern hissed, struggling to walk. "What happened to my leg? Why does it hurt?"
Another black and white cat came over.
"Beans," The she- cat mewed. "Fern is having some trouble. Do you know of anything that can help?"
"Yes." Beans nodded and ran off.
Fern collapsed as blackness engulfed her.

"Hey Featherpaw!" Featherpaw turned to see Pondpaw waving his brown tail. "Rustycloud and Ravenwing are on hunting patrol, and Mountainpaw convinced Slatewing to let us join. C'mon!"
Featherpaw gobbled the rabbit leg she was eating and sprang after the brown tom.
"Wait for me!" She yowled as they launched into the water.
She wasn't very good at swimming, but she could at least get in and out of camp.

After the patrol

Featherpaw emerged from the water and shook herself, and Rustycould did the same.
"You can go have a break now." Her mentor meowed. "Tomorrow we will try learning to climb the cliff."

So that's what happened...

Fern jerked awake and everything was remembered.
Countless voices echoed in her head as she limped away to go find Moon.
"How would you know, kittypet?"
"I don't know who I want to see. I don't have kin here."
"I heard you've had trouble with other kits calling you a kittypet."
"Fernkit! What did you do?"
"Shadows? Cats made of shadows?"
"Owlkit? Owlkit, can you here me?"
"Hey Treepaw, your mangy clanmates are here."
"So all this was caused by a tiny kit that was exploring."
"Waterheart has gone to walk in Starclan."
"No one likes you, so I wonder... who will be your mentor? I don't think anyone will want to."
"Pineclaw is coming, and he won't stop till you're dead, so run!"
"This is Fern."
"Will you join Brookclan?"
"Featherpaw! Featherpaw!"
"You're acting like a Treeclan cat, you're climbing like it's a tree!"
"Yes, Bluenose..."
"You're Treeclan, aren't you."
"Sun, light, shadows, disappear, calm, storm."
Then something she was familiar with, but only the first bit.
"Nothing can calm the rising storm, but lost must be found for hope..."