Chapter 19~ A sky without stars

"But Starpaw! You belong in Moonclan!" One of the cats in the clearing yowled as she turned to leave.
"But I was almost killed there. I would like to become a Treeclan medicine cat. Then she noticed Maplepaw. He looked hurt.

Starpaw took a step back. She hadn't realized how Maplepaw had felt about her.
"I'm sorry." She meowed after a moment. "I just can't stay." Then she saw Smallpaw in the background. Her lips were curled into a snarl. "And Smallpaw is a traitor." She added.
Smallpaw backed away, shock all over her face. "Wha-?"
"Starpaw, why would you say that?" Lightstar hissed.

"Because it's true! She watched Seedclaw get killed. I know that, and you don't have to believe me. No one will ever, I know that. I'm just an uneducated apprentice. I understand that that's how all you Warriors think. But I know what I speak is true. Smallpaw wanted me dead as much as Wetbranch did."
Lightstar didn't seem to know what to say to that. Instead, she lead her clan out of the clearing.

"So, Starpaw, is it your wish to become a medicine cat apprentice of Treeclan?" Stonestar asked.
"Yes. If you want me." Starpaw nodded. It had been a few days since she'd moved to Treeclan. And now Stonestar had finally decide to ask.
"Then we will hold your ceremony tonight."
"Thank you, Stonestar." Starpaw nodded, excitement thumping inside her.
As she padded towards the apprentice's den, she noticed Pouncepaw and Silverpaw looked upset. Seriously? And now she knew why they always volunteered to help her when she needed it.

"Starpaw, I asum you'd like to keep your name, so, Branchfoot, will you take Starpaw as your apprentice? It might be hard, because you'll have two apprentices."
"I think Snowpaw is almost ready to be a full medicine cat anyway. Yes, I will mentor Starpaw." Branchfoot nodded.

Starpaw gazed at Snowpaw. They were going to the half-moon meeting soon. Without thinking, she padded out of the medicine cat den, and looked up. She gasped when she did so.
The sky was a dark blue, and clear. Too clear. There wasn't a star in sight.

If any of you don't like the new style of cover, I can change it. I just thought I should try to make it less blurry- and look how it turned out.

Bye for now!!!
-Meowlia