Chapter 1: Imogen Matthews

I once thought that marrying my college boyfriend would be the best. And it was for a while. We've been married for five years and together for ten years. We started to drift apart after I gave birth to our baby girl, Aurora Benson. She's so beautiful and she's my mini me. Brown hair, those beautiful grey eyes. And the cutest bunny nose. She's only four months old.

"Will you ever stop eating?" Miles asked.

"I'm literally having breakfast. I have a four month old to feed, and I can't do that unless I eat." I told him before eating my sandwich.

"Well, stop eating so much. You've let yourself go. You used to take care of yourself, workout. Now, you're a cow." He said as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

Tears fell down my cheeks. I tried not to cry, but I can't. His words just hurt so much. To think we were once in love and he used to call me, babygirl or any other cute name. Now is just cow, pig, etc. Right now, my weight is 245 pounds.

"Lucky our baby has a normal weight."

I wiped my tears. "You used to be sweet, Miles. I get that my weight is not the same, but that doesn't give you any right to treat me the way you do."

Aurora started to cry, and he got a bit annoyed. He's never home and barely helps me with her. He always comes home late and sometimes his clothes have women's perfume. I know for a fact that he cheats on me.

"Go take care of your daughter."

"Our daughter." I correct him.

"Go feed her!" He screamed, "I can't stand those fucking noises!"

"You're an asshole."

He slapped me. "Don't you ever disrespect me. Don't forget where you'd be if it wasn't for me."

I just looked at him and then left to feed Aurora. "I'm sorry you have to hear your parents fight everyday."

I know I should leave Miles. My best friend Elena, already told me I should. She hates him with a passion. But the thing is, I can't, this is the only home I have, my parents died three years ago. And I would love to go back to the house I grew up in, but that's not my case. We were poor and we lived in a very bad neighborhood and that's not a place where I want my baby to grow up, she deserves the best.

"Who's the cutest baby in the whole world?" I lightly poked her nose, she giggled. "That's right, you are."

The door opened and in walked Elena. "I was a block away waiting for that asshole to leave the house."

I chuckled. "What brings you here?"

"Well, I brought my little niece this." She showed me a onesie that said, 'My aunty is awesome'. "Thank you, Elena." I smiled.

"You're welcome." She smiled back. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to follow Mileshole and kick his ass for that bruise on your cheek."

"Don't bother, it will only make him mad and slap me again or maybe hurt, Aurora." I said as I looked at my babygirl. I can endure anything as long as he leaves her alone.

"It hurts me that I can't help you get away from this place. But don't worry, the minute I make a millionaire fall in love with me, I'll tell him that we're a package deal." She said and I couldn't Help but laugh.

"You're something else. Thanks for cheering me up."

"I'm serious. I just need to go to some fancy club and start my love story." She smirked.

Elena, was definitely something else. She has no filter and tells it how it is. She's half Colombian and half American. Tan skin, big brown eyes and black hair. She's very independent.

"I wish I could stay, but I got bills to pay." She sighed. She kissed Aurora's head and then gave me a hug. "I'm a call away, if you need me, don't hesitate to call chica."

"Will do, El." I waved her goodbye and she left.

I want nothing more than to leave this house, but knowing Miles, he'll never let me leave. He doesn't want me anymore. Someday will leave this awful toxic environment.