Chapter 12: New Job

I started to work at his restaurant and everyone was so nice. We kept our relationship a secret, though. Didn't want any rumors of me sleeping with the boss.

"For the final touch," I rubbed flour on Pierre's cheeks."

"You're fired, beautiful." He pecked my lips. I chuckled.

"I had to." I grinned at him.

Since it was lunch break, no one was in the kitchen.

"I want to lick chocolate from your body." He said against my lips.

"Only if I get to lick from yours too."

"Deal." He kissed, and it was getting heated, but people were starting to arrive. "To be continued."

I smiled. I'm falling harder for him.

He cleared his throat and added. "Next time, the plate will come out of your paycheck, first warning." With that said, he left.

I looked at everyone entering, I wanted to laugh but kept a sad look on my face.

"He gave everyone that warning. He's very strict. Although he has softened. He used to be grumpy." Amelia whispered. I chuckled.

"It's okay, I'll be careful next time. I'm just glad he gave me this opportunity to work in one of the best restaurants in the city." I smiled.

"Yeah, the previous Pastry chef was an asshole. And her desserts weren't even that good. Yours are amazing."

I thanked her and then went back to work. This was my dream, one that Miles shattered. But Pierre made it possible.

Grace

Since Aurora was staying with her grandpa. I went to the grocery store. I needed junk food in my life. Jake wasn't answering my calls, nor has he texted me back. He left me on seen. It's been a week.

I grabbed chocolates, potato chips, and Doritos. When I got to the ice cream section, I saw him laughing with someone, not just anybody but wi , Evelyn Smith. She is an actress and always gets what she wants. I'm pretty sure she wants, Jake.

"Jake, is it true, you two are engaged to be married?" On of the reporters asked him.

"Of course, look." She showed them a diamond ring. He just laughed.

I couldn't stay here any longer. I left everything and returned home. No wonder he never answered my text or calls. This is what happens when you get involved with someone you know is bound to break your heart.

Jake

"Guys, I'm not engaged. Will there be a wedding someday? yes. But not with Evelyn." He shook his head. "I'm in a relationship and will keep her name hidden, I don't need you harassing her."

Even though I've been an asshole. I've ignored her for a week. Why? Because I hated the fact that she didn't trust me enough to know that I'll never cheat on her. I'm not sure if we're still a couple after the way I've behaved.

"And FYI, I prefer chick's over dicks. This diamond ring is from my engagement with my girl. Which I will also keep her hidden. Because I don't want her to be bothered." She said in a very polite way.

"Is she hot?" Another reporter asked.

"So hot." She smirked.

"What about you?"

"She's everything to me." I smiled. "Now I have places to go."

"Same." Evelyn, added.

The reporters left and we sighed. They can be intense, since no one was in the store, the owner closed it.

"Are they watching? Did they really leave?" Evelyn asked.

"We're good." I replied.

"Baby, are you free?" Evelyn asked the woman.

"For you, always." She kissed her.

"I'm, Christina. Her fiancée." We shook hands.

"Nice meeting you. Now I have to go and see if my girl will forgive my ass."

"Oh yeah, you have some explaining to do to her. But first. Take this basket, fill it with tons of chocolates, potato chips, Doritos and cookies."

"What?"

"Just do as I say."

I shrugged and went to do exactly that. Once I was done I went to the cashier and placed everything there.

"Now, we have balloons that say, I'm a tool. Let me attach it to the basket." She did that and organized everything to make it look presentable.

"By the way, Grace, was here. She saw the whole getting engaged thing. She just didn't stay for the part where you two say it's a joke." Christina, told us.

"Shit, she will most likely kill me as soon as she sees me."

"Hurry and ask for her forgiveness." Evelyn, said as she wrapped her arms around Christina's waist.

Good thing the store was closed. This is something paparazzi would want to get their hands on. I'm assuming the cashier knows about them.

"And lastly wear this." She gave me a Shirt that says, I belong to, Grace.

"How is that possible? Did she asked to make that?" I asked.

"Oh no, we have a lot of this with different female and male names." She chuckled. "Someone a long time ago made one of this, I think her name was Danielle Kingston. Girls would flirt with her husband and she got tired so she made him wear that."

I laughed. "Do you have one with my name?"

"Sure do." She returned a few minutes with the shirt.

"How do you know Grace?" I asked.

"She always comes to this store. A very sweet girl. So you better not hurt her anymore." She told me.

"Trust me, Grace is someone I'll never want to lose." I paid her and then left with everything.

Let's hope she forgive this big tool.