Chapter 7: Restaurant Drama

We arrived at his restaurant and the place was packed. It was a very luxurious place.

"We serve all types of food. Not just fancy. I like for people to order what they love the most, so we have a menu that covers everything." He said as we walked and everyone greeted him.

"I'm going inside to make lunch for us. This is our table, I'll be back in a bit."

I sat down and placed Aurora in a high chair. He went inside the kitchen. I kept admiring everything. This place was incredible. No wonder he prefers this over his company. After 15 minutes, he returned with two plates that contained chicken Alfredo and a little plate with potato purée.

"For us and for the little princess of the house." He said as he passed us our plates.

The way he talks about Aurora makes me fall for him every day. It's amazing that someone who's not her father loves her more than her actual one.

"Thank you." I smiled as I placed Aurora's plate in front of her. She started to eat in her own way.

"Food is to eat, not to play." Pierre told me. "Does it taste bad?"

I sighed, "No, the bite I took was so delicious. I guess I got used to eating, salad and fruits. And this wasn't just now, Miles, never let me eat junk food or this type of food."

"Alright then." He got up, and I thought he was going to leave, but his next movement shocked me.

"Wha-"

He sat next to me and placed me on his lap. Next I see is the fork at the entrance of my mouth. "Open, Imogen." His tone was a little serious.

I just looked at him, but my brain obeyed his command. I ate another bite, and somehow, this one tasted better than the first one.

"Imogen, he's not here. He has no say in what you do or what you eat. And I would never restrict you from eating something you enjoy."

Our faces were so close I could feel his minty breath. I got butterflies, and all I wanted was to kiss him. But I'm not even sure if he sees me like that.

"Pierre, you're going to ma-."

"How can you have that whale on your lap." A girl laughed. "Wouldn't I look better there."

I was ready to slap her, but Pierre stopped me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "No, because right here on my lap is my gorgeous wife." He kissed my cheek. "And I don't like to have trash on me, which is exactly what you are."

Before the girl could say something else, Aurora threw at her, some potato purée. She giggled while the other girl was ready to attack Aurora.

I jumped and grabbed her from the hair. "Touch her, and I will punch those fake boobs, nose job, and even your hair extensions. I recognize a fake bitch anywhere."

"My daddy will make sure this place is destroyed." She screamed as she left the place.

Aurora went back to eating and so did I.  Pierre is right, I'm no longer with Miles.

"You sure show her, mama bear." He smiled.

I chuckled. "I know girls like that, just cause they have great body and a pretty face, think they rule the world."

"To me, you're extremely gorgeous." He said before eating.

I blushed. "By the way, wife?"

He lightly laugh. "To show her, that not all of us want skinny fake girls. I prefer them curvy."

"You're a charmer."

"So, what were you going to tell me before she interrupted us." He asked in between bites.

That if you keep this up, I'm going to fall harder for you. "I forgot."

"I know you didn't. But when you feel like you want to tell me, I'm all ears." He smiled. 

"If I tell you, you'll laugh and maybe things will get awkward."

"Tell you what, how about you tell me in a month." He lightly caressed my cheek.

I just nodded. If I tell him, what would he do with that information. Act on it?

............

Days went by and there was a knock on the door. I was going going to open it  but, Pierre beat me to it.

"Damn, is hot in here." That voice.

"Elena!" I made a run and hugged her. "Tell your soon to be husband to stop taking you away from me."

"Sorry, but good news, he is finally settling in one place. So, hello neighbor."

"What?"

"Girl, I told you he was loaded." She replied.

"So, his money is what's important to you?" Pierre intervened.

"Pierre, this is Elena, my best friend and Elena, this is Pierre, the one I told you who saved us."

They shook hands.

"And to answer your question, no it's not his money, I do love him. I even broke up with him, when he tried to replace my car with a brand new one." She rolled her eyes.

I chuckled. "Elena loves her old car. Why, no one knows, she's crazy like that."

"Anyway, where's my Goddaughter?"

"She's sleeping."

"I'll leave you ladies to talk. I have some things to take care of." With that said, he left.

"So, when did this happened. I need to stop disappearing." She huffed. So dramatic. "But I'm glad you found a new guy."

"Pierre and I are just friends."

"For now." She smirked. "You can't be that oblivious."

"I want to believe we can be more but-" I sighed. "I sometimes get mixed signals."

"Give it time. And FYI, you look amazing. That workout has been paying off. Just please tell me you've been doing this for you and not for a man's attention?"

"Well more for me, but a little bit to be appealing to men." Pierre to be more specific.

"You looked great either way, Imogen." She hugged me.

We went to my room and talked about everything. I've missed her so much and I'm so happy she will be living next to Pierre's house.