Chapter 3: Family Dinner

What I hate more than pickles, is Dinner night with Miles Family. They hate me and are always insulting me. But at least they're nice to Aurora. There's actually one member who's always nice.

"There they are." Jack, hugged us.

Jack is my age and he's always defending me whenever they attack me. He's the brother I never had.

"Aurora, is putting a bit of weight." Cristina, their younger daughter, told me.

"She's five months old and she's perfectly fine. The doctors told me her weight is perfect. So please keep your comments to yourself." I replied politely.

"Insolent girl, how dare you talk to our baby like that." Lana, their mother told me and then slapped me.

Rich people abuse of the ones who aren't rich. I have endure this treatment for two years.

"Mom, what the fuck!" Jack, yelled at her. "Christina, was the one who should be slapped for being such a brat and a very annoying one. I hope you grow out of this phase, cause no one will ever like you."

"Yes they will." She stuck her tongue at him. This girl is only fourteen years old. And is already acting like a queen bee. I wish I could slap that stupid grin she has.

"Enough, let's just eat." Alan, their father told us.

He is neutral, he doesn't call me names, but I also know he doesn't like me. He just stays clear from me. Although he's weak when it comes to Aurora. While they're all mean to me, their biggest weakness is Aurora. Except for that little brat. How the hell does she expects a baby to be fit. Her logic escapes me.

............

After dinner, Alan called me to his office. I was nervous. I feel like I'm at the principals office for getting in trouble.

"Are you happy?"

"Very." I lied, I was afraid he would do something if I said no.

"I'm going to assume those are happy tears?"

I hadn't realized I was already crying. "Your son is- he is-"

"An asshole who cheats and mistreat you and you're allowing it." He said in a very calm way.

"He's Aurora's father. I have to be with him for her. I don't want her to grow up without a parent." I wiped my tears.

"She won't, her parents may not be together, but he will still be part of her life. And if he doesn't that's his loss."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because, I don't want my granddaughter to grow up in a house where her parents are always fighting, do you known what that can cause her?"

"I know, it can affect her life, school etc. I dont want that either, but as you know, I don't work cause he forbid me to and I don't have money." I sighed.

"I'll help you."

"He'll never allowed it."

"I'll deal with him." He replied.

I just nodded and then left his office.

..............

"What did you and my father talked about?" He asked as he stripped from his clothes to get in the shower.

"That he will  put me a personal trainer to lose weight."

"And a nutritionist too. Learn to eat better." He added.

"I will, for me and her."

He just rolled his eyes.

I sighed. "Did you at one point actually love me?"

"When you were hot, I still love you before you had Aurora. But now, you just gross me."

I wiped my tears. "Why don't we divorce then?"

He laughed. "I would, but can't divorce you. If I do, I will lose the company, that was my dad's condition."

Now makes sense why Alan said he would make Miles, agree to divorce me. I tried making our marriage work after Aurora, but Miles just gave up and I'm tired of trying.

............

In the middle of the night Aurora started to cry. Miles and I don't share a room anymore, but he can still hear Aurora crying.

"Shh, babygirl. Mommy is here." I picked her up and sat on the rocking chair and started to breastfeed her.

Miles, entered the room and was furious. "I will fucking soundproof this room and the rest of the house. I'm tired of her crying and I have an important meeting tomorrow!"

She started to cry again. She hates when there's yelling. I didn't reply anything. Instead he grabbed Aurora's cheeks and squished them hard to make her stop and yelled at her.

"What is wrong with you!" I started to cry.

I can deal with his harsh words and even his punches. But the one thing I'll never allow, is him harming Aurora.

"Shut her up, I'm tired of you two. You know what, I'll tell my father that you cheated on me and you left on your own with Aurora."

"You can't be serious? She's your daughter!"

He slapped me. "A daughter I didn't want. I just kept you and her around to please my father and have the company." He laughed like a crazy person. "But I'm tired of this life with you two. I want to be free and be with, Reese."

Reese Woods. His old girlfriend. She was his high-school sweetheart. She left cause her parents got a promotion and had to move to another country. She returned when I was five months old pregnant.

"Get out of my house!" He dragged me out of the mansion on a very rainy night. "Expect the fucking divorce papers soon."

He closed the doors and he didn't care that Aurora, was just a baby and this rain could make her sick. I hope karma hits you hard, Miles Benson.