CHAPTER TWO

"I just don't get how you manage to beat me at every competition by one or even two points," Gabriel said. "I mean I practice every day and every night just beat you."

"You do," Vincent spoke and Gabriel nodded.

"I'm flattered," Vincent chuckled. "But I may have a solution for you."

"What is it," Gabriel asked, sounding intrigued.

"Well," Vincent spoke. "We're sort of short a skater at S-Tech. And I was wondering who we should get to fill that spot."

"And you want me," Gabriel asked. "Are you serious?"

"Only if you are."

Gabriel looked at Vincent eye to eye then suddenly looked down and the words: you're almost on Vincent's level, that Damion said to him ran through his head.

"But," Vincent spoke, standing up. "Like always the choice is yours."

Gabriel looked up and saw Vincent heading towards the door.

"Oh and a tip, Gabriel," Vincent spoke, looking over his shoulder. "When you go for a jump, don't concentrate too much on it."

Vincent opened the door and then said one last thing.

"It shows on your face."

He walked out of the room, slowly closing the door behind him. Gabriel looked at the closed door before standing up to grab his bag out of his locker. He saw a small folded-up piece of paper sitting on his bag with V. Maze written on the paper.

"What's this," Gabriel spoke, reaching out to grab the paper.

He unfolded it and it read: here's my number when you have your decision, then saw Vincent's number. Gabriel folded the paper back up and then put it in his pocket. He grabbed his bag, closed his locker then headed towards the door he looked back at the score sheets that were on the bench. He looked down at the ground once more.

When you go for a jump, don't concentrate too much. It shows on your face, Vincent's voice said in his head.

Gabriel looked back up, facing the door then opened it, leaving the room and turning off the lights. He walked down the hallway passing by a bunch of fans that were rooting for him.

"You did great out there, Gabriel," a female fan said, standing in front of him.

"Huh. Oh. Thanks," Gabriel spoke.

He walked around her with a small smile, heading down the hallway passing by more fans and other skaters. He had so many thoughts running through his head as he walked down the steps to get to the first floor.

He passed by three guys, two who looked only a few years older than him and one who looked around his age. They all wore the same uniform: a white silk jacket and matching sweatpants with two violet lines on the sides and on the jacket had S-Tech on the back which was also violet.

Gabriel locked eyes with the guy who looked about his age, noticing that he was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed in front of his chest. Quickly, Gabriel averted his gaze as he rushed down the stairs, passing by more teams.

He walked through the double doors leaving the building then he headed towards his car. He saw his Uber was waiting for him, so he walked faster. Once he got to the car he opened the back door behind the passenger, got in then they drove out of the parking lot.

When his Uber dropped him off at Shontail High, he waved him goodbye. His phone buzzed in his front pocket. He took it out to see that Damion was calling. He hovered his thumb over the green button and then moved it over to the red one. He opened the door to his dorm room while also pressing the green answer button at the same time.