CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

~Three Days Before Next Competition~

Gabriel sat on the couch back at the apartment, flipping through the channels on the TV. He sighed then stopped when he heard footsteps approach behind him.

"There's never anything good on around this time," Vincent spoke from the doorway of his bedroom.

Gabriel chuckled. "You got that right," he spoke under his breath.

He leaned forward then placed the remote on the coffee table as Vincent made his way to sit beside Gabriel on the couch. Gabriel leaned back on the couch, staring at the TV which was playing some reality TV show.

"So, what do you think about the Academy," Vincent asked, looking over his shoulder at Gabriel.

"It's nice," he replied.

"Nice?" Vincent questioned, almost sounding offended by Gabriel's dry response.

"Well, it's huge," Gabriel added, now looking at Vincent. "I mean in a way I guess I should've expected it."

"Why do you say that?" Vincent asked, leaning back on the couch, still locking contact with Gabriel.

"Well because," Gabriel grunted, turning his body to fully face Vincent. "Everything on this side of the town is huge. The Academy, the ice rink, this apartment. It's all huge." Gabriel looked down at his fidgeting hands. "I still don't feel like I belong here."

It was silent while Vincent kept his eyes locked on Gabriel and Gabriel kept his eyes locked on his hands. But they stopped once Vincent placed his hand on top of Gabriel's. Slowly he changed his focus up to Vincent now locking eye contact.

"Stop saying you don't belong here," Vincent spoke in a low stern tone. "I recruited you to the team because I saw something in you."

"And what is that?" Gabriel asked in a whisper.

"I'd tell you, but it wouldn't make sense."

"So, show me."

Gabriel dropped his eyes to Vincent's lips then back up to his eyes and right back down to his lips. Vincent's hand gilded up Gabriel's arm, eventually cupping his cheek. His eyes dropped to Gabriel's lips now as he slowly moved his face closer to the four eyed male.

"Vincent," Gabriel spoke in a light breath.

Gabriel's eyes shot open, and he quickly sat up, his breathing now very uneven. He ran his hand through his hair and slowly he laid on his back to stare at the ceiling.

"Leo," Nico spoke, stepping in front of him.

"What do you want, Peters," Leo sighed, already feeling annoyed.

"Are you doing anything tonight?"

"Why?"

"Sergio and I are going to the bar." Nico leaned against the locker, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "And we were wondering if you wanted to join us."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because your part of the winning circle now," Sergio spoke, stepping up beside Leo.

"What do you mean by "winning circle?" I didn't even get first at that competition," Leo stated. "And may I remind you that it's a little late to be celebrating now."

"Well you beat Gabriel who has two titles," Nico stated. "I'd like to call that a win."

"We have a competition in less than three days," Leo added on. "Going out to get drinks is like celebrating early."

"There's no rule that says you can't get drinks with your teammates," Nico said with a grin.

Leo glanced at Nico then Sergio and watched as he made his way to stand next to the blonde nonchalant male.