CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"Can we talk?" Kyhun asked.

Gabriel looked over at Vincent who stood by his car with the driver door open. "Go ahead," Vincent told him. "I'll be right here."

He got in his car then closed the door and Gabriel watched as Kyhun made his way to sit on the steps and soon enough Gabriel joined him

"Sorry I missed your call last night," Gabriel apologized once he settled down on the step beside Kyhun. "I was still practicing my routine."

"It's okay," Kyhun spoke. "It paid off in the end anyways."

"Even though I got third?"

"Better than tenth," Kyhun pointed out and the two boys shared a laugh.

"Way better than tenth," Gabriel added in a low tone that was still loud enough for Kyhun nod in agreement.

"I uh also wanted to apologize," Kyhun said once their laughter faded away. "For being a dick after the Moves-in-the-Field competition."

"No," Gabriel spoke while shaking his head. "I deserved it. I said some things that night and I regretted it as soon as I left. Thank you for helping me when I blacked out. Really. I don't know what I would have done without you."

"I don't even want to think about that," Kyhun said, shaking his head.

"How's Raymond doing?" Gabriel asked.

"He's doing alright," Kyhun replied. "He also said that he misses you and invites you to come back. When you want, of course."

Gabriel looked over at Vincent's car and saw that he was focused on whatever was on his phone. He looked at Kyhun again before he spoke. "I'll think about it."

Kyhun now looked at Vincent's car then back at Gabriel and raised a questioning eyebrow. "Wait," he started. "Are you and Vincent Maze..."

"What!? No!" Gabriel exclaimed quickly. "We just live together. That's it."

"That's how it starts," Kyhun spoke. "After you start living together- feelings can change."

"You and I lived together," Gabriel stated. "Unless... Wait." Gabriel covered his mouth then spoke through his hands. "Are you and Raymond-"

"Maybe," Kyhun shrugged. "But I don't know. It was just a moment."

"Kyhun I would have never thought that you would fall for a guy," Gabriel said.

"Neither did I but here we are," Kyhun grinned. "And maybe one day you and Vincent might too."

Gabriel looked over at Vincent's car and so many things started to run through his head. All the daydreams he's been having which he hasn't told anyone about, but Kyhun was his best friend and he thought that he would be the only one to understand. But instead, he only said one thing. "Maybe," Gabriel whispered.

Meanwhile, Nico was sitting up in bed back at his apartment just scrolling through all the routines from the competition. Sergio rolled over on his back to look at Nico with his eyes squinted because of the screen from the iPad.

"Babe," Sergio spoke in a tired tone. "What are you doing?"

"I shouldn't have lost tonight," Nico spoke, not taking his eyes off of the iPad. "At least not to Gabriel Amore."

"Okay and you can look into that tomorrow," Sergio said, getting a hold of the iPad.

"Sergio-"

"Or never," Sergio whispered, leaning his head closer to Nico's neck.

Sergio's lips were seconds away from Nico's neck but the sudden movement of Nico jumping up caused Sergio to let out a sigh.

"I don't have time for your games, Gio," Nico snapped.

"What makes you think I'm playing a game, Nico," Sergio spoke with his eyebrow raised.

"It doesn't matter."

"I'm just trying to look out for you. Someone has to before you spin out of control again."

"I'm not going to spin out of control, Gio!"

"How would I know Nico! Huh!? Please tell me because I would love to know."

"Just forget about it," Nico spoke in a much calmer tone now. "What would you ever know when you don't even skate?"

"Nico-"

"I'm crashing on the couch," Nico said, heading to the door.

But Sergio jumped up out of the bed, stepping in front of Nico to stop him from leaving the bedroom.

"Sergio move," Nico said harshly.

"Nico stay with me," Sergio spoke with care in his tone now.

"Sergio, I said move!"

Nico pushed on Sergio, but he got a hold of the short-tempered male. Nico struggled to pull out of Sergio's grip, pulling on his arms and hitting him out of anger. Sergio got a hold of Nico's arms, pulling him closer telling him over and over again to stop but Nico refused to listen as he continued to struggle to break free.

But Nico dropped the iPad and after so long of holding everything in he broke down in Sergio's arms. Sergio had wrapped his arms around Nico's neck while Nico wrapped his arms around Sergio's waist. The two stood by the door in their bedroom; Sergio with his back pressed against the door while Nico leaned his body against his boyfriend. Nico squeezed Sergio tighter while he mumbled only three words: I miss him. Over and over again.

♢♢♢