CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

~Four Days Before Next Competition~

Gabriel's breathing was uneven and sweat ran down his face while he leaned against the barricade in the ice rink at S-Tech. His eyes were closed tight so all he saw was spots everywhere but when he opened his eyes, Vincent's face was inches away from his.

"Having fun yet?" Vincent asked with a grin.

"Can," Gabriel started out of breath. "Can we...take a break." He swallowed. "Please."

Vincent titled his head to a slight while staring at Gabriel. The sudden feeling of Vincent's hands on Gabriel's thighs caused him to look down at the sight. Gabriel watched as Vincent grazed his hand past the unsettled boy's crotch, going up along his torso to his chest then his shoulder and gently gripped the side of Gabriel's neck. His thumb caressed his cheek while his eyes stared at his lips.

"You want to take a break when." Vincent paused to move his head closer to Gabriel. Their cheeks brushed together while Vincent whispered in his ear. "We just started."

Vincent slowly moved his head back once Gabriel turned his head to face him directly. Their eyes locked and Gabriel watched a grin appear on Vincent's face. Both their eyes dropped to the other's lips then back up meeting eye contact again and Gabriel closed his eyes when he felt Vincent pulling his head closer to his.

But the sound of something dropping caused Gabriel's eyes to shoot open and he realized that he was in his bedroom at Vincent's apartment. He sat up in bed, locking eye contact with Vincent then down at the textbooks on the ground.

"Sorry," Vincent apologized while he leaned over to pick up his books. "Didn't mean to wake you but since you're up..."

Gabriel slowly got out of bed, rubbing his eyes while listening to Vincent rant on but whatever. He grabbed his shirt at the foot of the bed, pulling it over his head then grabbed his glasses off his nightstand and put those on.

"-and Keiway thinks it'll be best if you attend S-Tech Academy for education as well," Vincent finished.

"Isn't that like a three-month process?" Gabriel asked, leaning against the wall in the doorway with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"No," Vincent replied, zipping up his school bag after he put his textbooks in them. "With Keiway's permission it'll only be a 3-minute process."

Gabriel stared at Vincent for a while before looking at him up and down. "The uniform is nice," Gabriel said with a grin.

Vincent chuckled. "So, are you in?" he asked, pulling his bag on his shoulder.

"I don't really have much a choice, do I?" Gabriel asked and Vincent shook his head.

Gabriel let out a sigh then shrugged his shoulders. "Okay."

"Cool. I'll text Keiway and let him know."

Gabriel watched as Vincent headed back to his room then grabbed his phone and started texting Keiway. Something about the dream got to Gabriel while he was packing his bag. Talking to Vincent he never thought about it but when he wasn't talking to him the dream would pop up in his head. But he put some music on, both his earbuds in and went on with his day.

When they got to S-Tech Academy of Education, Gabriel saw Leo and two other boys that are on the team all talking by Leo's car. Both Vincent and Gabriel made their way in his direction but didn't stop to chat. Gabriel awkwardly waved at Leo and in return he gave him a nod before going back to his conversation.

Once the two boys got inside the building, Gabriel was in shock. The inside was bigger than the outside. The walls were covered with championship banners from the figure skating teams both male and female. There were student council posters scattered around the hallway along with president, vice president, treasurer posters and more taped to the lecture doors. Gabriel followed Vincent upstairs to the second floor where more students were hanging out at. Soon enough before Gabriel could even ask where they going the two boys walked into the counseling office.

"Good morning boys," the red headed woman at the front desk welcomed them.

"Good morning, Miss Stella," Vincent spoke with a warm smile as him and Gabriel made their way to the desk.

"What can I do for you two?" Miss Stella asked, standing up from her chair.

"Well my friend here," Vincent started, pulling Gabriel up beside him. "Needs to get enrolled here."

"Of course. What's the name?"

"Gabriel Amore," Vincent replied.

"No way!" The woman exclaimed. "I thought you looked familiar."

Gabriel couldn't help but smile as the woman ranted on. Vincent looked in Gabriel's direction with a grin then back at the fangirling woman.

"Your performance in the 2018 championship was flawless."

She leaned over the counter to speak softer but still loud enough for Vincent and Gabriel to hear. "Don't tell Nico Peters but you deserved that title," she whispered then winked.

"Agree," Vincent whispered and shared a laugh with her.

"So Mr. Amore," Stella went on once she was back on her side of the desk. "Have you talked to DeMara Stevens yet?"

"No," Vincent replied. "Our coach Keiway did and he wanted me to let you know that Gabriel is good to get enrolled today."

"Okay sounds good," Stella said, then started typing on her keyboard.

Gabriel waited patiently behind Vincent as he talked to Miss Stella answering her questions that she was asking. But finally, after what felt like forever Gabriel got a schedule and they both left the office and together Vincent gave him a tour of the Academy while letting Gabriel meet his professors in the process.

~~~

"You wanted to see me, coach Keiway," Caesar said after knocking twice on the door.

"Yes," Keiway spoke. "Come in."

Caesar walked into Keiway's office, closing the door to a crack. He walked over to the desk then sat on the chair that was on the opposite side of the desk.

"How are you feeling?" Keiway started.

Caesar blinked with confusion. "Fine," he responded. How are you feeling, coach?

"Great thanks for asking," Keiway replied. "It's already been a week since you've been with the team. How are you liking it?"

"I love it way more than I thought I would?"

"Really?"

Caesar nodded. "Yeah. Everyone is so nice."

"Vincent picked the team so thank him for that."

"I will."

It got quiet for a while but Keiway spoke, breaking the silence. "So Caesar," he started and everything felt more serious in the room. "I'm honestly worried that your attention is more focused on the team and not so much on your education."

"Please don't boot me off the team," Caesar pleaded quickly. "I promise I can balance it."

Keiway chuckled. "I'm not going to boot you off the team, Caesar," he reassured the frantic male. "I just want you to put your education above the team. Okay."

Caesar quickly nodded. "Okay coach."

"Go ahead back to your group," Keiway spoke and with that Caesar stood up and made his way to the door.

"Oh and Caesar," Keiway spoke, stopping him in his tracks.

"Yes," Caesar spoke, turning to face Keiway.

"Please call me Keiway." He chuckled. "I'm not your coach."

Caesar chuckled nervously. "Sorry about that, Keiway."

"Thank you."

The two shared a smile and finally Caesar left the office, leaving that same grin on Keiway's face.

♢♢♢