CHAPTER FOUR

"Here we are," Vincent said once they walked into the locker room. "Yours is..."

The two both looked around then they found it. The locker was a violet color and it had: G. Amore on a name tag at the top of the locker door. But the locker didn't have a lock on it.

"Right here," Vincent finished.

"Thanks," Gabriel said, opening the locker.

"I'll go grab your clothes for you so we can start practice," Vincent informed him before he walked away.

Gabriel looked inside of the locker and surprisingly it was clean inside. He took his backpack off, putting it inside the locker before he sat down on the bench. He looked down at the ground while he started to bounce his leg again.

"Okay," Vincent spoke, walking over to Gabriel. "Here you go."

He handed him his clothes along with a pair of black skates and a duffle bag.

"Thanks," Gabriel spoke lightly.

Vincent smiled before telling him where to go so he could change.

"Before I go change," Gabriel said. "Can I ask you something?"

"There are no locks on the lockers because we trust that no one goes into someone else's locker," Vincent stated. "You're not the first to wonder that."

"Good to know," Gabriel replied. "But that's not what I was going to ask."

Gabriel sat down on the bench before going on. "I was going to ask about Nico," Gabriel said, looking at Vincent.

"What do you want to know about him," Vincent asked, leaning against someone else's locker with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"Well, the coach spoke about me almost being up there with him. But...what does that even mean?"

"Well, you see. Nico Peters is a three-time World champion title winner. From 2017, 2018, and 2020. And as you know it's been three years since he last got another title. So of course, just like everyone else around here and everywhere else- he's going for the 2024 title."

"Three-time World champion," Gabriel whispered.

"Yup," Vincent spoke, pushing off the locker. "And with my help, you'll get that 2024 title tying it up for the two of you."

"Really," Gabriel exclaimed, jumping up to his feet.

"Yeah."

"Wait," Gabriel spoke again. "But what about you?"

"What about me," Vincent asked.

"Well. Are you going to have time to practice for the 2024 Figure Skating Championship?"

"No need. I'm not going to be in it this year."

"Wait. What!?"

"Nico is going to be the one to beat," Vincent stated. "And of course, the other teams. Now. Go get changed."

"Right," Gabriel said, jogging to a stall to change into his practice clothes.

Vincent chuckled lightly while he sat down on the bench, waiting for Gabriel.

~~~

The two both walked into the private room and once Vincent turned on the lights Gabriel was surprised by how big the room was.

"It's like the size of two baseball fields," Gabriel whispered to himself.

"Ready," Vincent asked, sitting down on the bench.