CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"This is me," Leo spoke once both him and Gabriel walked through the front door of his house. "Well," he added, closing the door. "Me and six other guys and two females."

Gabriel looked around the main area in shock. Words couldn't describe how he was feeling but he wasn't expecting Leo to live in a full blown out house. A mansion at that.

"You said six other people live here," Gabriel finally asked while he slipped off his shoes.

"Eight including the two females," Leo corrected him.

"Where are they," Gabriel asked, following behind Leo to go upstairs to the second story.

"At a party somewhere down the road," Leo replied.

"You can go join them if you want," Gabriel spoke, stopping on the fourth step away from the second floor.

"Nah," Leo said, looking back at Gabriel. "Parties aren't my thing. And." He paused then leaned against the railing. "Someone has to watch the house."

Gabriel finally joined Leo on the second story, staring into his eyes. Noticing the moonlight twinkle on his black but almost gray eyes in this moment.

"Now about Vincent," Leo spoke, breaking Gabriel from his thoughts.

"Huh," Gabriel spoke cluelessly.

Leo chuckled. "The reason why you wanted to hang out," he clarified. "To talk about you and Vincent."

Gabriel nodded. "Right." He looked around. "Out here?"

Leo shrugged. "No one else is home."

Gabriel only stared at the unbothered male not fully convinced and Leo caught on. So, the two boys both headed to a bedroom which Gabriel assumed it was Leo's bedroom because of all the figure skating posters.

"Better," Leo asked, plopping down on his bed.

Gabriel nodded then sat beside Leo on his bed. "So, this is really your house," Gabriel asked, looking around Leo's room.

"Surprised," Leo asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest with a grin on his face.

Gabriel locked eyes with Leo. "Just a little bit."

"Yeah, my friends are kind enough to let me stay here with them. As long as I house sit."

The two boys chuckled at that while Gabriel continued to look around. He looked at Leo again and saw a grin rested on his face.

"What," Gabriel asked.

"You're stalling, Amore," Leo spoke in a low tone.

"I wasn't trying to. Your room is just amazing," Gabriel informed the male, noticing how still he was sitting. "Can we... talk about Vincent some other... time?"

"Is there anything going on between you and Vince anyways," Leo asked, leaning closer to Gabriel.

"Yeah, there is," Gabriel replied. "I just can't think of it all right now."

Leo stared into Gabriel's eyes then finally nodded and leaned back in his bed.

~Five Days Before Next Competition~

Joshua skated across the ice rink at Baytone High not feeling bothered. He invited Dayton to watch him practice before the other members arrived. Once he finished his performance he stared into Dayton's eyes.

"Well," Joshua asked out of breath.

"Do you," Dayton started, walking closer to the barricade. "Want the truth?"

Joshua sighed then made his way over to the curly haired male. He leaned his back against the barricade once he got to him then looked over his shoulder right into Dayton's eyes.

"You did great," Dayton informed him.

"Really!?" Joshua exclaimed, turning to fully face the male.

"Yeah," Dayton said. "You're actually getting better."

"Only because I have the best figure skater at Baytone High coaching me."

The compliment from Joshua made Dayton's cheeks flush pink while they stared into each other's eyes. Joshua turned to face the male and without saying a word he leaned closer to him, filling the space where their lips touched. It was slow at first until Joshua cupped Dayton's face, kissing his lips harder.

"Josh," Dayton whispered once their lips broke contact.

Joshua moved his head back to look into his eyes to see that he was scared about something. Their eyes both looked down at their hands that were on the verge of linking together.

"Can we focus on the competition right now please," Dayton spoke not making eye contact with the blue haired boy.

Joshua looked up at Dayton's averted gaze. "Sure," he replied and eventually their eyes met again.

Dayton pushed off the barricade and Joshua only watched as he walked away. He sighed, facing the empty ice rink the feeling of hurt now built up inside him.

Joshua walked down the steps of the entrance to the Baytone Ice Rink while looking down at his phone. Once he stepped off the last step, he made his way to the left side but stopped when someone cleared their throat. He turned off his phone ad looked over his shoulder and only smirked.

"You know you're not supposed to be on Baytone grounds," Joshua informed the male.

"This was my team first," the male spoke with a grin.

"So, why'd you leave, Peters?"

He shrugged. "Vincent Maze of course," he replied. "Why'd you join?"

Joshua averted his gaze to the empty street. "Gabriel Amore." He looked at his former teammate again then made his way over to him. Their eyes didn't meet but Johua's eyes locked on the side of the blonde guy's neck.

"I see you and Sergio are still on one another," Joshua spoke with a grin.

Nico rubbed his hand along the side of his neck that the marks were on while chuckling and cursing under his breath.

"Does anyone else at S-Tech know about you two or is it still only me?"

"Well, they might know when I go to practice tomorrow," Nico stated then crossed his arms in from of his chest.

"What a way to let them know your love for each other," Joshua snickered.

"Shut the fuck up," Nico sighed.

Joshua tossed his hands up in defense. "I'm just saying," he spoke. "If it was me, I would've been grander about it."

Nico faced the opinionated boy with a cheeky grin on his face. "Right. Now remind me which one of us actually got Sergio."

Joshua looked away from Nico to face the ground with a grin. "Did you come here to rub it in my face or was it actually something important you wanted to tell me?"

"Yeah," Nico started while he ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah, I actually wanted to let you know that Amore is going before you this competition."

"I'm not worried," Joshua shrugged once he looked back up at Nico. "I beat him once I can beat him again."

The two shared a grin then broke contact to looked away. Joshua made his way away from Nico but before he got too far, he turned back at him.

"Hey Nico," he spoke, and their eyes met. "Tell Gio I said what's up."

"I'll think about it," Nico chuckled.

He opened the driver side door then got in, sitting comfortable on the seat and closed the door. Joshua pulled out his phone, turning it on and played the recent song on his lock screen. He watched Nico drive by him and got a glimpse of the boy flipping him off. Joshua couldn't help but chuckle and flip Nico off with both his fingers.

♢♢♢