Chapter-43

Two years later

Rubab and Dawood took admission into the same college. She continued her relationship with Dawood but kept it between themselves. In front of everyone they are just good friends. Questions of their relationship were thrown on them every now and then but they denied of being into any romantic relationship. Though Dawood somewhat agreed to have soft spots for Rubab, she always proclaimed him as her friend in front of the whole world.

In these two years Rubab became a virtual celebrity. She established herself as a writer with a huge fan following. She never revealed her identity to her fans. She was waiting for a right moment to reveal her identity. Dawood was still clueless of her stealing.

It was another day in the College. Rubab was in the cafeteria buying her lunch. She was returning to the table she sat earlier when Dawood stopped right in front of her. She was startled by his sudden presence.

" What?" She shouted. " I almost dropped my food," she answered sounding annyoed.

Dawood said," Let's go from here. I need to talk to you alone."

He started dragging her outside the cafeteria. Rubab resisted but he didn’t stop dragging her. He was looking angry and upset. Rubab wondered what happened to him suddenly.

Once they reached a quiet place, Rubab freed herself from his tight grip. She looked at him with annoyance.

" What's wrong with you?" Rubab yelled.

Dawood shot back," I should ask you this question."

Saying this, he showed his phone to her. With frowned brows she looked at the phone. She found her profile picture displaying along with hundreds of comments. Half of those comments were from boys commenting with love Emoji.

" Why can't you just change the relationship status? Why can't we just tell everyone that you are my girlfiend. Look at these comments. They are clearly lusting after you," Dawood was fuming in rage.

Rubab grimaced. " They were just complimenting. Where did you see lust?"

" I am a man, Rubab. Don’t teach me how some guys look at girls. If you don’t want to change your relationship status then just limit your audience," Dawood said. He was disturbed.

Rubab shouted," Don’t try to control me, Dawood. "

" My account. My profile picture. I will do whatever I want," she added.

Dawood asked in disbelief," Those unknown commentators are now more important to you than me!"

" You are being jealous unnecessarily," Rubab fueled his anger.

Dawood didn’t say anything. He was hurt by her behaviour. He was about to use some disgusting abusive words but he controlled himself. He just turned around to leave her. His inside was burning in pain and rage. His eyes looked red and full of emotions.

On the other hand, Rubab understood what she had done. She planned to keep him with her till graduation because he was still useful to her. Moreover, she needed him for the last part of the novel she stole from him.

" Dawood. Listen to me," She ran after him.

Dawood didn’t say anything. He continued walking away. Rubab was quick to stop him from leaving.

" There is nothing to listen," Dawood said with a shaky voice. Rubab noticed a drop of tear at the corner of his right eye. He was looking down.

Rubab said," Ok. I will limit my audience."

" You don't have to if you don’t want," Dawood answered raising his eyes at her.

Rubab grabbed his hands," Listen to me carefully, Dawood."