Chapter-50

" He is my husband. There is no way I will ask for divorce from him," she said in one go looking at Darwish while Dawood couldn't even comprehend her Psychology.

Dawood was speechless for a few moments. He inspected her face carefully. He was trying to understand her. However, except for a blank expression on her face, he didn't find anything. Her eyes were stone hard as if there was no life in them.

" Since you got your answer, leave her alone. She needs rest," Darwish suggested Dawood. He folded his arms while having a confident expression on his face.

Dawood let out a chuckle of irony. What a fool he was! He understood Rubab's psychology now. Darwish had surely done something to her. Otherwise, there was no way a girl like Rubab would listen to Darwish. Dawood knew what kind of person Rubab is.

" He threatened you, didn't he?" Dawood questioned Rubab who was looking at her lap. The confidence in Darwish's face was replaced by annoyance.

She sighed. " No." She gave a short reply.

Dawood didn't say anything. If she doesn't want to be saved then why should he care for her. He turned around and waited for a few seconds for her to call him. He waited for her to say that she isn't safe with his brother. He may not love her anymore. He doesn't hate her either. Deep down inside his heart, he was concerned for her.

The words he hoped to hear didn't come from Rubab's side. So, he left silently.

After coming outside the room, Dawood started breathing abnormally. He felt an abnormal suffocation. He shouldn't feel like this but he couldn't help himself. He didn't know if he will ever be able to accept Rubab with Darwish.

Moreover, Rubab's pale face and those dead eyes started bothering him. She used to look so charming but now she looks like she is a living corpse.

" Yeyaa Allah! What's this discomfort! Why can't I just stop caring for her," Dawood mumbled raising his eyes at the sky.

Dawood pulled his hair backwards out of frustration. A part of him was unknowingly concerned for her while another part was forcing him to let go of her thoughts. He was in a dilemma.

" It's her life. I shouldn't keep thinking about her," Dawood calmed himself down finally.

He convinced himself," I tried to help her. If she doesn't need my help than I have nothing to do."

While Dawood was suffering in dilemma, Rubab was sitting on the bed like a statue. Darwish took a seat in front of her and started observing her closely.

" Do you regret cheating on my brother?" he questioned. " Are you thinking of going back to my brother?" he sounded suspicious.

He was wondering what she is thinking right now. A few moments ago when he threatened her, she looked scared and devastated. But, now she was looking numb.

A few moments ago

Rubab regained her consciousness finally. After moving her head right and left for some time, she opened her eyes.

" Dawood." She wispered.

She wanted to see Dawood and talk to him but her sorrowful eyes were met with Darwish's emotionless eyes. She was still on the bed, halfdead but Darwish didn't care. He hovered over her like a beast and grabbed her chin tightly. Rubab was horrified by his behaviour.

" Why are you chanting his name now?" Darwish questioned. " He is now a closed chapter in your life."

Rubab freed her face from his grip. She snapped at him," Who are you to decide about my life?"