1 | The Game

A new alternative universe was created by one of the authors...ExtremeTale, it was a test of how hard can a game be taken to still be possible. It took the characters of the original and enhanced the difficulty of each fight. Then the author wanted to be a little bit more original...so they changed the personalities and roles a bit. The work wasn't the best at innovation, yet it wasn't the worst and so...a story was born.
Players, beings that wanted to pique their interest, would probably not at all be too curious about it, but some, that were in a state of pure boredom...were fascinated to find out their skills and abilities in mashing buttons.

We follow a curious being, the one that wants to find out how much better he can get in speedrunning The Game, so when he was sent it, he was instantly intrigued, a harder speedrun comes to a harder game after all... And so he pressed on the icon, starting it. First, he did the normal routes, Neutral and Pacifist...then he didn't want to go the "easy" route again, choosing to do genocide runs.

In one of the times that he did that...He met Flowey, this version of him was the crimson color. He spammed Z and X to skip the dialogue and was surprised when that triggered an attack. Interestingly enough, he never saw that happen in the previous recordings he did, so the game now had his curiosity on what will happen next.

The sound of dust, LV value has gone from 1 to 2. He killed everybody in Ruins...not sparing Toriel, he exited trough the door.

This time there was no one who could make nasty remarks on the behavior, as the flower was dead.

His genocide run continued as he cleared up the underground from the monsters living there...leaving nobody behind.

The version of the judgmental skeleton warned him to not continue this path. He also had red clothes. "Very original." - The Player thought and continued the path, not caring about the consequences.

He "endured" the antics of the skeleton brothers and eventually...LV 9. Extreme! Sans was not very happy about his brother's death.

LV 10,11 - Even the determined fish didn't stand a chance as he already knew what attacks he will get from the recording he has seen...at that point the player just waited for the final fight. He entered the Judgement Hall to see Sans standing there.

"You've been VERY busy, am i right? It must have been very hard for you to do all of this...to people you just met...that is not true, huh? There is one question I did want to ask you...do you think even the worst person can change? Despite everything that they've done, could they still be a better person if they just tried? Heh, don't answer that." - Sans wasn't able to end the dialogue, as the player stepped closer. - "Welp, you didn't even let me finish my speech. Let's start then....dirty brother killer."

The fight was extremely long. But he did stack up on healing items.
Eventually he reached the phase 2 of the battle, but knew that he had no more food. And he died.

He realized that because of the fact that he didn't save (to be fast), that could revert his progress back to zero.

To his relief, his LV was still 20, meaning the game probably auto-saved, which he didn't know was possible.
He looked at the grass field in the center of the screen and it had a red flower...that reminded him of  Flowey, but it had no face whatsoever.

So he looked at his options.

Continue or RESET?

He pressed Continue. The game didn't load for a second, he almost thought it freezed, but then the screen glitched out showing a red smiley face and the game continued. The player smiled, even though he died he was still at good pace. He entered the Last Corridor again.