CHAPTER 9

Rick Sat down beside me. As I was seated on the sofa in his living room. He was quiet and stayed beside me at all times. I tried to talk but nothing came out. I tried to get what I was feeling out. But I just couldn't "Look you don't need to tell me but I want you to be okay that's all." I nodded drinking a glass of water that Rick handed to me.

After a few moments I builded the courage to tell him. "My Father.....". Rick looked over listening to me explain to him.

FLASHBACK:

I Had turned Sixteen and I was rushing back home. I entered the house and all I could hear was aguring. I silently walked in and saw my dad hitting my mother. "Your such a fucking useless wife, fucking dumbass fucking bitch!" I ran over to my mom. Dropping my school bag In an instant.

I pushed my dad and stood in front of my mom. "Don't. Touch. Her. Again!" I looked him in the eye. The man chuckled while clenching his jaw. looking down at me. Protecting my mother. "Oh you think your some tough bastard. Don't you boy.. come here" He grabbed me by my neck as he slammed me against the wall. "Your not tough. You are a little weak sissy boy." As I tried my hardest to get out of his hold on me. He used his other hand to punch me in the face.

My mother tried her hardest to get me away from him but was pushed away before she could even grab him. Just then Marco comes back from work noticing the commotion and runs over to solve it. He pulled my dad away from me as I flopped down on the ground trying desperately to catch my breath. Marco turned to my dad as he pushed him away.

"You fucking asshole. You could've killed him" My dad smirked deviously. "Well I didn't son" he looked over to me. "Why can't you be tough like your brother huh. Your lucky he saved your ass." He walks off laughing as my mother goes to me. Hugging me tightly. "Why did you do that baby." I looked at her wiping my bloody nose. "Your my mom, I would do anything to protect you" Marco walked over. "I'm sorry mama and Tiago. I should've came earlier"

My mother shakes her head. "You didn't know
Son" As the three of us hugged. My mom cleaned up. Later that night after I had my birthday cake etc we hung out until we heard a car door slam. My mother told me and Marco. To get in bed, I quickly rushed into my room pretending to be asleep. I regretted it as I heard my dad came back drunk. "Your- A stupid bitch, And I'm leaving I-I- don't give a shit. I'm going to leave this life I want to have a life without a little sissy boy of son" I could hear my mother's cries and I wanted to go to help. But I remembered her telling us to stay in our rooms.

"The only son I have is Marco and no one else" I could hear him throw beer bottles at her. That was my last straw. I exited out of my bed and entered the living room. Where my mother was laying down on the floor with blood all over her. I ran to her but was dragged away from my father. "So you wanna come help your mother, little shit" He took his belt off of his pants and started whipping me. I screamed for help and tears formed in my eyes as I tried to endure this pain and suffering. "YOUR A WEAK LITTLE MAMAS BOY!" He shouted at me as he hovered over me. Hitting me with his belt.

Marco came running down and pulling my dad off of me. He got up and looked down at me and my mother.

"I'm done with this shit hole. I'm leaving and I'll be living a luxurious lifestyle without you whining and whinging arses. I ain't wanting to look after you fuck faces especially that your mother is sick with fucking cancer" My eye widened after hearing that my mother was sick. He walks upstairs to grab his bags as he was leaving he chuckled to himself As he exited the house. I was curled up in a ball on the floor crying my eyes out as Marco held my mother up. I stayed curled up in a ball with tears and blood over me. I looked over at my mom after hearing she was sick and my Father had the audacity to abuse her while she was sick.

And I replayed what he said in my head. As I knew My father was right I was a weak boy. I wouldn't survive.

I TURNED To Rick after talking to him and he was quiet. Tears formed in my eyes when I explained more about my father to him. As I finished he hugged me. Comforting me.

As I looked up I saw Michonne and Larisa there. I had never told her about my father especially when we were together. I looked away wiping my eyes. Michonne told Rick he needed her. He held my shoulder. "I'll be right back okay. I'm here for you." As he and Michonne walked off. Larisa stared over at me.

"I'm sorry" she said as she walked closer. I didn't answer. I hadn't talked to her since the break up. "I get that we ended on bad terms but I want you to know I still care for you" I looked at her reluctantly. She came closer as she sat down. Next to me. "I want to help you the best I can even though we aren't together anymore. I want to be friends" I felt like telling her to get lost. But a part of broke down crying. I hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry Larisa. I'm sorry" she held onto me. Comforting me for the rest of the day.