Chapter 15

THE Next day felt a bit unsteady for Santiago as he had started rethinking about Stan

THE Next day felt a bit unsteady for Santiago as he had started rethinking about Stan. Especially how different he was acting after coming back from that whole trip.

He went into the living room and caught Julia and Stan getting close but instantly separating when Santiago entered. Santiago looked at the two people awkwardly positioned away from each other. "What's going on." Julia didn't respond as her facial expression drastically made her look guilty. "Santiago she was just checking my wounds from yesterday it's okay. She's still upset about Aiden, Noah and Jabari." Santiago looked back at Stan.

"I was asking Julia." The man said in a stern tone. Making Stan a bit shocked about his response. Julia looked back at Santiago. "It's okay Santiago I was helping Stan." Santiago knew she was lying but didn't want to bring it up. "Alright. I'm gonna go check up on Tara." He exited the house. He thought about Nyla in the moment. Julia She didn't even care about her own daughter or where she was he thought as He walked down to the medbay as he got there. He opened the door he noticed Tara on the bed with Nyla by her side.

"Uncle Santi!" The young girl noticed Santiago as she rushed towards him with open arms as they wrapped around him. "Hey Nyla." He said in a soft voice. The little girl looked behind him hoping someone else would be by the man. "Where's My Daddy? I haven't seen him since yesterday?" Her eyes looked up. Santiago in that moment found out. That the girl wasn't informed about Jabari's death.

"Ummm Nyla." But before he could continue the little girl walked back over to Tara. As He turned his attention towards Tara who was lightly smiling at the pair.

"Hey T."

"Hey Santiago."

He sat beside Tara as she stared towards him. "Are you alright?" She nodded as she looked down at his wrapped knuckles. "Are you alright." He looked down and rubbed his hands. "Yeah I'm fine." As he looked back over at Tara. Rosita entered and Santiago couldn't help but stare over at the female.

Nyla had ran over as fast as she could by the woman and instantly jumped into her arms. "Aunt Rosita. Look who's here." The girl pointed out the man who innocently stood up waving softly. She smiled towards him. before gently placing the little girl down onto the floor. "Hey Santiago" 

"Hey Rosita." As the Scene became more flustered and awkward between the pair. The other two could notice and it was very obvious. She finally excused herself by asking him to come with her to talk about something.

 She finally excused herself by asking him to come with her to talk about something