Small Spider on the Hunt

So, a little longer chapter this time, warnings for torture, provided by our favorite interrogator. And we're back with Fei's pov.
There will be a few rather dark chapters ahead...not too dark though...

~ * ~

Feitan looked out the window as the tall buildings of Swardani steadily grew closer, looking bright and pristine in the sharp morning sun. His eyes narrowed when he could finally make out the one wearing the emblem of the Hunter Association, it was standing taller than any other building, perfectly reflecting the overconfidence of the Hunters. The ride in the airship had been excruciatingly long and boring, involving too much nitpicking over the plans and some members spending the time spinning useless theories about what would happen, and who might be involved. He sighed and buried his face deeper in his bandana, poking the snoring Phinks next to him with his elbow to make him quiet.

The Troupe's plan was simple enough,

'Go and make some noise in Swardani. If the leaders are there, that should make them bring the other members back. Then kill them all,' Chrollo had ordered.

'Some noise? Like in Yorknew? Or did you have something else in mind?'

'Well, perhaps not quite that much. There are a number of rare antique books in the Hunter's library, very valuable and very well protected. We will steal them. That should get their attention. Otherwise, we'll wait and see what feels appropriate.'

To Feitan's surprise, the small Zoldyck had actually been useful and returned with pictures of some of the Hunters having ties with the group. Apparently, they called themselves the Squad. He scoffed at their lack of imagination. The pictures would however make their search much easier, as they now could get rid of a few targets instead of just passively waiting for the Squad to make their move. Killing off members as well as stealing the books should be more than enough to catch their attention.

Danchou was not coming of course, he and Hisoka had finally reached an agreement and they were going to have their fight at Heaven's Arena once Chrollo became a floor-master. It would take even him some months to clear all the floors, but he expected all of them to gather there when they had finished the business at hand. Franklin, Bono, and Kortopi were already there, just in case.

Hisoka. Fei made a face, he still wished he'd be the one to face the clown, the one to kill him. He sighed again, then brightened up as he recalled the prey he soon was going to kill.

No matter how important the pictures of the Squad were, he had of course memorized them all, right now there was another image occupying his mind. The picture of a man he'd first seen on the oversized computer screen in Shal's room, and they'd just recently obtained the information that he was settled in Swardani. Feitan was generally wary of coincidences, and this one was too obvious to be one.

He glanced at you, sitting between Machi and Shizuku chatting about strange girly things, oblivious to the fact that the airship was steadily bringing you closer to one, or more, of the men that had hurt you. But then, more importantly, it was bringing him closer to them. He still hadn't decided whether to tell you or not, but there was still time for him to make up his mind.

Phinks let out a roaring snore, and Fei slammed his elbow into his side again to wake him up.

'What?' Phinks asked, glaring at him with sleepy eyes.

'You sleep too loud. No can think.'

'Humph. Just means I'm sleeping well, not that you should punch me.'

'Can punch again if you argue,' Fei grinned, 'Look, we soon there.'

'Right. Do we know where we're going first? Think our old hideout is still there?'