Prologue

TW: Blood, mentioned death

----------------------------------------------------------------

The radio sang quietly, complementing the raindrops beating down on the pavement. The steady downpour warped the lights around the city. Neon signs and street lamps reflected blurrily in the puddles on the street. On the sidewalks, unclear faces hurried along, umbrellas held high to protect them from the storm.

Everybody tried to ignore the sirens. They tried to hurry along and not stare at the car crash at the intersection. In the bustling city, crashes were plenty common, especially on rainy nights. But most of the time everyone involved was alright. But most of the time is not all of the time.

Tonight, someone had gotten hurt. Tonight, the ambulance siren screamed into the stormy night. The only sound that could be heard over it was the occasional boom of thunder. Pedestrians couldn't help but stare as the pale body was pulled from the misshapen hunk of metal that used to be a car. The scene was gory, blood covering the still man. He was ushered into an ambulance and carted away.

The road was cleared and the man was taken far away at some hospital. He would never make it to that hospital alive though. 

To the people on the street, it almost seemed as if nothing had happened. It seemed eerily normal. 

But nothing at all was normal about that night. 

Because someone hadn't just been injured in a tragic car accident. 

They had been killed in a carefully planned murder plot. 

And the killer? He was still on the loose. 

And the man killed? 

R.I.P Zedaph Playne September 1982 - October 2003.

Zedaph's life may have been over on that fateful night, but his story was just beginning. 

And as for my story? It all started with 3 cups of coffee.