Eremophobia

I wouldn't consider myself a nervous person. I was always loud and outspoken, unapologetically me. Always keen on making new friends and meeting new people. But something about meeting Grian had me on edge that day.

"You ready?"

"Yeah... you?" Impulse chuckled.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Alrighty then. I guess it's time to take a little field trip."

The graveyard was a lot less spooky in the daytime. The sun shone down brightly, reflecting off the metal bars of the gate. A few people dotted the cemetery, holding flowers or sitting at graves. A pang of sadness flowed through me as I saw them. They had lost people that were very dear to them. Instead of enjoying the beautiful, sunny autumn day, they were here. Grieving.

I shook myself out of my thoughts and continued onward towards the office, Impulse close behind.

"Do we even know if Zed comes out during the day? Is that a thing?"

"I mean he can't just disappear and he doesn't really have anywhere else to go..."

"Does he like, sleep in his grave?"

"Impulse, love the concern here, but I don't think ghosts need to sleep. He'll be happy to get a surprise visit I reckon." Impulse nodded. I opened the door to the office and stepped aside so Impulse could enter first. I followed and locked the door behind us with a key I had found in one of the desk drawers a few days ago.

All the ghost stuff was where I had left it. Well, almost all of it. The notebook had been dragged to the corner. I picked it up and saw a few doodles littering the pages. Silly sketches of sheep and flowers, and a cartoony sketch of the three of them titled "Team Z.I.T". I chuckled. Of course Zed would be a doodler.

Impulse had already started turning devices on and checking the room for signs of the ghost. There was nothing.

"Zed buddy? You here?" His call was met with silence. "Are you sure he's not sleeping?"

"Positive. He's either trying to scare us, sitting by his grave, or he's in the well."

"The well?" I picked up the emf detector and smirked.

"You'll see."

We headed first to his gravestone and came up empty on any readings. Impulse knelt for a second to pay respects. I lightly hit him on the shoulder.

"What? Can I not have a moment of silence for the dead?'

"Not for the dead guy who scared you with floating pictures of Scar's cat. Speaking of which... well time!" Impulse looked confused as I started off to the corner of the yard, he didn't question it though. I reached the stone structure and peered around, making sure there were no onlookers. Then, I swiftly climbed down the ladder into the depths. Impulse hesitantly did the same. As we reached the pitch black bottom of the well, the emf detector screeched. I felt a familiar cold hand lightly touch my shoulder. I smiled.

"Hey Zed, whatcha doing down here?" I pulled my phone flashlight out and illuminated the room. Impulse yelped in shock as he looked at the Jellie shrine.

"Tango what the heck is this?"

"Ask Scar." Impulse blinked a few times. The cold in the room reminded me why we were there.

"Zed, we're ready to go see Grian. You ready to come with?" I felt a light tug at my hand and watched as the red handprint appeared there.

"Come back to the office and we'll attatchificate you to something so we can go."