Chapter 3

Wei Ying found himself just on the outskirts of the Unclean Realm in a clearing. It was nighttime, so he decided to put up camp in a clearing. He put up a protective barrier around his little camp. Laying on his bed mat, looking up at the stars, his mind starts to wonder. He will not lie. He misses the lotus pier. The sect. The place he called home for six years. He misses his shijie. Jiang Cheng. His shimies and shidis. Or how many of them are left after the attack. Nevertheless, he misses them. But can he even after what had happened still call that place his home. He was ripped from it. Thrown in the burial mounds to die.

A tear escaped his eye as he sat upright. What has his life become. Maybe he should not go further on this journey. Maybe instead of going to the Unclean Realm, he should just work on his own. He thought about what Hua Cheng said. About the siege about him dying. Maybe it's not a good idea to join the sects. But he knows no matter what path he chooses sooner or later they will find out about him but just as long as it is not now. He got a second chance to make a different decision. To choose how he will live his life. To make beter choices that will benefit him and nobody else. So what if became selfish just this once. Nobody can blame him not after what he had gone through or after what had happened. He wondered what was told. What had happened to him. Did they say he defected or run away or did they fabricated a story and said that he died in some freak accident.

Wei Ying pulled out a small pouch from the insides of his robes and looked at it. He had totally forgot about this and he opened it. He threw the contents on the palm of his hand and looked at it. Remembering the mischievous look on Hua Cheng's he thought should he really take it and most importantly why does he even trust the man so completely. He knows because he was the only one who had shown him true kindness and did not made him feel like he was a nuisance and a burden. He gave the blue pill one last look and put it in his mouth before swallowing it and took some water afterwards. Before he laid back down he voiced one last thing.
"Cheng-ge you would not mind if I borrow your surname for while right. I mean Wei would be a give away don't you think. Good thanks. Was good talking to you again. And before sleep over takes me. I just wants to say. Thanks for everything, hope to meet you again one day".
And if a certain God felt a tear run down his cheek than nobody needs to know as he watch the boy lay down on his bed roll as the butterflies flutters just outside of his vision.

Lan Zhan's life was always consistent. He woke up at five. Does his morning routine. Have breakfast with his uncle and brother. Spending his time in the library pavilion. His favorite place. Doing deep meditation in the cold spring. Always improving his cultivation and his golden core. Yes according to Lan Zhan his life was just the way he wanted it. It was perfect until a certain head disciple from the Jiang sect blew into his life like a whirlwind and thunderstorm all at once. He broke the rules on the first night did not care about decorum no nor did he really cared for the rules Lan Zhan had lived all his life by and abide by it. It was his lifeline. The very thing that brought order to his life and here came Wei Ying with a smile that reveled the sun. A unrestrained and Untamed individual who lived by his own rules. He threw Lan Zhan's life and feelings into turmoil because he did not know what to make of him or how to handle him.

So he would glare at him every chance he got. But he also felt this foreing stirring on the inside whenever Wei Ying's attention was on him or Wei Ying smiles at him. Then Wei Ying decided that he would call him by his given name. And he loved it oh well he did not telling Wei Ying that because he would've tease the living daylights out of him. Wei Ying was so much different. The only person who tried to be his friend. The only who was not scared to invade his personal space. Oh how he hated and loved it at the same time. It just confuses him more because what is stirring inside should not be right. Like he said Wei Ying was different in a good and teasing way. In the Lan Zhan look at me as if his eyes were not always on Wei Ying. Wei Ying had brought color into his once grey life. Wei Ying showed him that you don't always need to live your life by rules. That rules were meant to be broken. To enjoy life. Wei Ying was a ball of sunshine. Like honey who attracted bees to it. Yes he was jealous for all the attention Wei Ying was getting but he also understood that Wei Ying was a people's person and nothing could change that.