Delia stands on the sidelines as we warm up for the game, Jasper tries showing off by doing a little trick with his bat but of course I have to one up him. I throw the bat high up in the air and catch it behind my back tipping it over my head and catching it in my hand. Then doing the trick he did, flipping it in my hand.

He comes close to whisper in my ear, "the only reason I'm not beating your ass is because your girl is here and I know you're just showing off for her" he says. "Esme, Jasper said he's going to beat my ass" I yell tattling on him and he rolls his eyes, "Jasper, be nice" she scolds him and I chuckle to myself. I look at Delia to see her giggling to herself and as we meet eyes I wink at her before going back to warming up.

Jasper is actually up first so I walk over to Delia and sit in the grass, letting her sit in my lap. Once it's my turn, I go up and hit the ball as hard as I can. I toss the bat and successfully clear all the bases; which is actually pretty surprising since no one else could do it and we can all run fast as fuck so I was super proud of myself. I did a little dance and the opposite team booed me, of course, but I didn't even care.

After playing a few rounds of that, some of them did tag. Delia even decided to join to see if she could transmutate fast enough to not get caught; she's actually doing pretty well. I was so entranced by her that I didn't realize Esme had sat next to me. "Hey" she says, grabbing my attention and I turn to her smiling, she looks like she needs to tell me something serious.

"I know you love her, and even though she may not express it like you do, I know she loves you too" she says giving me a motherly look. "Edward told me the same thing last night" I sigh, had it not been her, I would have rolled my eyes. "Well, for once, he's right about something" she jokes and we both laugh, she looks off watching them play tag and it's quiet for a moment before she speaks again.

"You guys look at each other how me and Carlisle do; that pure love that never fades" she says quietly as if she's looking at the future and the past at the same time. Her saying that just hit different. Not to say I don't think Jasper and Alice or Edward and Bella aren't in love, but I've always looked up to Esme and Carlisle's relationship and wanted a love like that.

"You really think so?" I ask, beginning to tear up. Everything I feel about her or with her is so foregin to me, I never cry—not anymore. "I know so. I see that twinkle in her eyes that I have when I look at him" she says smiling to herself before turning to me. "Even after all the times I've lied to her, she still trusts me" I say and Esme reaches up to wipe my tears, holding my face in her hands as I cry.

"She didn't fall for the lies. She fell for the person she knows you are deep inside. She fell for Caroline" she says, smiling softly. "You know you're the only one who can call me that without me getting mad" I chuckle, "I love Reese, but Caroline has a special place in my heart" she says.

"I told her my name was Alicia when we first met" I chuckle thinking of that memory as she places her hands in her lap. "You used your alias" she says, "well I did break into her house, I can't exactly have the cops called on me" I say and she nods. "I told her my aunt was sick the first time I came here" I say, "she doesn't know you're the only vampire in your biological line" she states chuckling.

She says line instead of family because she knows I never considered those people family. "She's never seen me in the sunlight either" I say, closing my eyes tightly, "Reese... that's one you can't avoid" she says giving me that tone that I hate because I know she's right. "I know. I was thinking I can show her while I'm here, I'd feel more comfortable while you guys are around" I say and she nods.

"Well you know I'll support you and I'm here for you no matter what" she says wrapping her arms tightly around me. She gets up to go where Carlisle is, standing and watching all of them to make sure they don't get hurt. I watch as she approaches him and he turns around. I see how he looks at her and how she looks at him. How her smile is so wide and the natural twinkle in his eyes gets even brighter looking into hers.

Do we really look at each other like that? "Hey, Joker" Delia says from behind me, I pull her down into my lap and really pay attention to this moment. The way my whole body relaxes and I just feel more... whole in her presence. I see the twinkle in her eye as she looks up at me while I hold her in my arms. Esme might be right.

I look up at the sky to see the sun peeking through the clouds and I know exactly where it's shining; on my favorite spot. This feels like the third sign, my final confirmation that I should show her. "There's something I wanna show you" I say nervously and I can see her concern but she just nods. She gets on my back and I jog over to Esme and Carlisle, "we're just going to the spot real quick" I say and Carlisle nods.

Esme smiles knowingly at me and gives me a reassuring wink, "just don't tell Eddie" I say and she chuckles knowing I don't want him knowing he was right. I run off through the woods and finally make a stop at the cliff, "this is where we were before" she recalls and I nod. I stand on the edge of the treeline as she goes to sit on the rock we sat on before. "Well come out here" she says funnily and I chuckle nervously.