Ch. 25 - The Siblings and The Target!

After countless minutes of (Y/N) mocking Hex and then receiving a good bap to the cap, the two calmed down and headed back to where Aether and Paimon were now conversing with two people.

▷ [ New Character Detected: Lyney the Celebrated Magician of the Court of Fontaine!  °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°  ]

▷ [ New Character Detected: Lynette the Multi-Function Magic Assistant!  °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°  ]

They walked closer, hearing in on the conversation with each step.

"-and you are..." Paimon trailed off, looking at a rather fashionable individual.

Said fashionable person replied with a friendly tone, "Thanks for looking after my sister, she often comes to reminisce here," He thanked first.
"Allow me to introduce myself! I'm Lyney, the one you talked to is Lynette, my sister." Lyney now gestured to his sister, who walked to his side with a blank look.

Quietly, Hex walked over to Aether's side, with (Y/N) jumping from his arms onto the blonde traveller's.

Lyney and Lynette's pupils seemed to freeze for a moment as they watched the fungi.

"It's nice to meet you, Paimon is Paimon, this is Aether, he's Hex and this is (Y/N)!" She happily introduced the group, seeing how it looked as if she is still the only extrovert.

With the others, Aether and Hex nodded whilst (Y/N) squeaked with a warm tone.

They continued to talk about what was happening with Fontaine, from the prophecy and such- which intrigued Hex more than (Y/N) since the fungi was sweat dropping after noticing the constant staring from Lynette.

Of course, this unnerved them, instinctively burying themself deeper into Aether's arms, in which the blonde naturally began to pat them gently.

▷ [ Character update: Aether's Favourability increased by 20 F-points! ✧*٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。]

一一一

Eventually, the group began to follow Lyney and Lynette after something about leading them to the opera house to meet with the Hydro Archon.

But not even a minute later, they stopped abruptly- the sound of synchronized marching and chatter from nearby citizens becoming more apparent.

And then a voice that seemed to demand everyone's attention resounded-

"My dear people, rich and poor, those with cup in hand and those with nothing at all, raise your glasses in celebration!"

'That doesn't make sense-'

"As you can see, three unfamiliar travelers have arrived in our nation. Come, let us make a toast in honor of these travelers and companion!"

"Hey! Hey! I'm right fucking here!" (Y/N) screeched, instantly offended that this archon ignored their presence.

"Oh, and their lovely and adorable.. um- buddy! Yes! Ah, you see, they all journeyed here from distant lands!" She added on, covering up her mistake with expertise.

(Y/N) huffed. "Better than critter.."

After a while, (Y/N) began to tune out the archon's words, like they always do- but they did listen to some parts.

"-I have come to receive you personally-.."

"-ourse, seeking an audience with me is the most sensible thing to..-"

"I, Focalors, hereby welcome you to the nation of-"

And out was (Y/N), clocking out instantly- they were tired from travelling anyway.

Naturally, Hex noticed this and went to carefully take the sleeping fungi into his own arms again, ignoring Aether's unknown expression once (Y/N) was lifted from him.

The transmigrator didn't try to elaborate his actions and lifted one of his hands towards (Y/N), who slowly grasped it.

"They can't sleep without hugging something." Hex finally explained, his tone blunt towards Aether; it was obvious he didn't trust the blonde yet.

In response, Aether rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

一一一

Hours pass and (Y/N) eventually woke up to the sounds of more conversations, and the completely different environment and surroundings. New buildings, new people, heck- new atmosphere; everything felt so refreshing.

"You're awake. Nice nap, you baby?" Hex butted into (Y/N)'s internal thoughts, they replied sarcastically. "Very, Mr. I-can't-swim."

Hex remained silent.

(Y/N) smirked with victory before he noticed Lyney and Lynette were talking to someone else.

▷ [ New Character Detected: Freminet the Renowned Diver of the Court of Fontaine!  °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°  ]

"-they all just went out a moment ago." The new face replied, Lyney thought for a moment, side eyeing Aether's group.

"I see, everyone is getting busier now that 'Father' will be returning soon.." He mused. Lynette glanced at (Y/N).

"Ah- this is one of Fontaine's best divers, and also our little brother, Freminet." The magician introduced and gestured, turning to face the travellers. Freminet shyly waved.

A silence came about the group until Freminet called over Lyney to speak about something, it was too quiet to make out words but no one seemed to mind too much.

After that, Freminet couldn't help but notice the fungi that laid comfortably in Hex's arms, it was obvious he wanted to say something about it- seeing how his eyes flickered about nervously.

Hex promptly spoke. "Want to hold them?" He asked, stretching his arms out to offer (Y/N) like some toy. The fungi chirped in surprise.

Caught off guard, Freminet fumbled over his words and shook his head. "It's fine..! It's just.. they remind me of Pers." He explained, looking embarrassed.

The twins looked surprised that Freminet piped up about something other than 'housework' and such. They looked proud, in a sense.

Seeing this reaction, (Y/N) hopped over to Freminet and chirped again, bouncing around his feet. The diver's eyes shined and softened, he appeared relaxed now. "Nice to meet you too.."

▷ [ Character update: Freminet's Favourability increased by 30 F-points! ✧*٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。]

"Hey, I'm getting good at this!" (Y/N) said happily, seeing that their points were accumulating with ease, whilst Hex gave a quick glare of envy.

▷ [ Achievement Unlocked - The Ice Melts - Gain Favour from Fatui! ]

'Hold on a minute-'

[ A/N: Before I do anything, I'd like to just elaborate that Hex is characterized as an aromantic asexual.

Anywho! Character design sheets are in production, made by my best friend- who's also my part time proof reader- ٩(><)۶

So sorry for the second publication of this! I completely forgot to put character detections! (TдT) ]