Ch. 35 - Picking Up The Sharp Rocks!

When Neuvillette arrived home that day, he could hear the sounds of scholarly anguish from within the living room space.

"This is all completely wrong. How will you two ever be able to write me a letter at this rate?" Tighnari waved the piece of paper filled with (Y/N)'s crooked handwriting. It bearably looked decipherable save for some words that were easy to recognize.

He turned it towards (Y/N) and pointed at a sentence. "And this: 'I had eleven servings of Garlic Baguette.' Both of you combined wouldn't even be able to finish that!" Tighnari reprimanded. He really did live up to that strict mentor description in his wiki..

▷ [ -1 Language Comprehension Point! ]

That's not even a real point system!! The two transmigrators shouted simultaneously in their heads. It felt humiliating for both of them when they knew how decently educated they were in the real world一but here; it felt as if they were back in kindergarten and learning the goddamn alphabet!

Hex only straightened his back when Tighnari turned to him. "And you," He grabbed another piece of paper on the table next to him and aggressively lifted it up. "You have better understanding with words but your handwriting is even worse than (Y/N)'s!" The words on the page looked as if a barbarian wrote them instead of an educated individual, and (Y/N) had the gall to snort loudly.

When Tighnari's scrutinizing gaze could only gauge a snorting (Y/N) and a wilting Hex, his tensed shoulders only then dropped with a sigh. "It's fine. You two are still getting into the ropes and一"

His eyes then noticed Neuvillette's figure watching their interaction with a pleasant smile. Perhaps he wasn't one to return to a house that has now become a sort of home for him.

And before Tighnari could greet the Iudex formally, Neuvillette only shook his head and raised a hand. "No need. We are only in my humble home. I am simply just Neuvillette." The forest ranger's ears twitched in a surprised gesture. He wasn't used to people of high status being this humble, or perhaps he had only been encountering very eccentric individuals for the majority of his life.

(Y/N) and Hex grinned at the solace of the being called Neuvillette, instantly hobbling over like scolded puppies, needing comfort. Tighnari scowled for a moment, but witnessing how comfortable they were with such a people-oppressing aura that exudes from the Iudex half the time; Tighnari's scowl was replaced with a warm smile.

▷ [ Character update: Tighnari's Favourability increased by 50 F-points!  ✧*٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。]

▷ [ Character update: Neuvillette's Favourability increased by 45 F-points!  ✧*٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。]

(Y/N) took a glance at Hex, and the other did the same back. They were seriously too good with this F-point farming.