Ch. 43 - The Sunset That Never Ends

"Lotus! Can you get the starshroom on that shelf over there?" Tighnari called out, pointing a gloved hand to the other side of the small hut.

"Got it!" (Y/N) exclaimed and hopped over to give it to Tighnari. "Thank you, lotus." He smiled and ruffled the other's hair sweetly, who grinned happily.

After (Y/N) and Hex had recovered in Fontaine, it was then that Aether and Paimon had gotten a message from Katheryne back in Sumeru, so they all decided to head back together so the two transmigrators can fully rest at their home. Whilst Aether and Paimon went to do their adventuring stuff, (Y/N) and Hex helped Tighnari here and there; mainly doing errands that Collei otherwise couldn't get to.

And with their new visions and showing their skills to Tighnari, the forest ranger could finally relent and allowed the two to go out without his supervision, even if still bummed out when he said it.

So when Tighnari tasked them to retrieve a bunch of Kalpalata Lotus, the two immediately went on their way.

During the quiet yet exciting trip around the more quiet parts of Sumeru, Hex and (Y/N) alternated grabbing a group of these lotuses since they were perched on the edges of cliffs. They definitely didn't have the stamina to do all this in one go. With all the lotuses collected near Gandharva Village, Hex found that they were one short of the amount they needed to give to Tighnari.

He turned to (Y/N) with a blank smile. "I'm getting heavy déjà vu from this." He wept internally and scanned the map they were given. "Vimara Village?" (Y/N) hummed, peeping over Hex's shoulder.

"Fishing town, quiet and a perfect place to retire from the world." Hex described, pointing to the river running through the village.

"Wow. You sound like a narrator from some animal documentary." (Y/N) smirked and Hex rolled his eyes. "Shut up, let's get going."

一一一

"Uh.. We just need one, right?" (Y/N) shouted up to Hex. "Yeah! Just one and we can head on back!" The transmigrator nodded and turned their attention back to the lotus that sat so comfortably on the edge of the cliff. Reaching out, a stray arrow suddenly nicked their hand, causing (Y/N) to yelp in both pain and shock.

"Fuck! FUCK!" They cursed loudly and felt their grip crumble when another arrow barely grazed their torso. Hex gasped and whirled around to where he could see two hilichurls shooting arrows at his friend.

With an enraged grunt, Hex quickly produced an electro guitar that zapped and spasmed erratically because of his imbalanced emotions and launched it at the enemies. The projectile crackled louder as it neared.

There was a deafening boom that almost looked to shake the surroundings, and to which unfortunately had (Y/N) slipping because of the vibrations.