Chapter 1

A/N: I will be making up characters names and their appearances. This includes your parents and siblings in a way. I'll try to stay away from too much detail though to allow you to add in things from your own family :) Also you are 18.

If I have given your siblings or parents, the same name as you feel free to change it.

If you want another chapter, please be sure to let me know!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was at school, in class. Learning Korean. I don't know why I chose Korean, I kind of regret it, but at the same time I don't. I mean, I love learning about the language and culture because it's really interesting but it's difficult and my teacher is really...strict...yeah, let's say strict.

I yawn a little and cover my mouth. Then I start to look out the window, letting my mind wander. I could live in my mind and daydreams for so long, and it was definitely better then Listening to Mr. Hwan talk about the way the Korean grades are set. God, if he could just make this lesson a little more interesting, he might have more students.

"Y/N!" He suddenly shouts, staring directly at me. "Please tell me you were listening." He sighs a little, crossing his arms. His face still has the stern look on it.

I just nod my head, feeling my face turn read.

"Alright then. What did I say?" It feels like he's staring into my soul. Why does he have to have that stern look all the time? It's terrifying!

"I- uh..." I can't respond. This earns me another sigh in response.

"I was talking about an exchange program that is going to happen. It will be between Korea and Australia. Therefore, everyone here, in this class, will be able to go if they wish." He motions to around the small classroom. I look at the other students. This class was small, only having seven students, which I was quite grateful for since large classrooms can be quite chaotic. It's that terrible but at the same time it's nice to get a break every now and then.

Mr. Hwan continues the lesson and I actually listen this time, curious about the exchange program. I won't be able to go if it costs a lot of money since my family isn't super well off. My dad is a stay at home dad and my mum works at a beauty parlor.

Eventually Mr. Hwan tells us something very important. He tells us we would only need to pay for the school tuition itself! I'm not sure how this stuff normally works but I'd say that seems like a pretty good deal, I might ask my mum and dad about it. I can't believe that I'm actually excited about this! I seriously DO NOT regret picking Korean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell goes, signaling that the lesson period is over. It's the end of the day, and I have to walk home. My sister won't be able to pick me up because of work and my brother has to walk with me.

"Hey Y/N!" My friend, Victoria, calls out to me. She has dark black hair and brown eyes. And she's coming over towards me. Welp, there goes my peaceful walk.

"Hey Vicky." I say in a quiet voice, swinging my arms a little bit, we had to wait for my brother to get out of class. "How was Aboriginal Studies?" I ask, trying to pass the time.

"Oh, it was a little boring, but I learned so much! Like the story 'Putuparri and the Rainmakers'. It's about the sacred relationship between people and place..." Victoria talks about the story and I smile knowing how much she loves learning about her culture. She had been talking about it so long that Oliver, my brother, finally decides to join us. He looks a lot like my mum, with his green eyes and brown hair. He inherited my dad's height though. He was already 6'0" and he was only 17.

"What took you so long huh?!" I say loudly to him. He just laughs and we start walking.

"What do you care? You can walk without me you know." He replies, smirking. That just annoyed me even more.

"If I walked without you, you would get into a lot of trouble. Then I'd have to hear it from mum and dad." I say rolling my eyes. Victoria laughs a bit and starts talking about her dog and cat.

"Jupiter, my black Australian stumpy tail cattle dog, well she decided to jump on the couch. Nothing unusual about that BUT Venus, my tabby cat, was SLEEPING there!" She starts to laugh a bit, struggling to get the last of the story out. You know. The funny part of the story. I hate it when I do that, because then the funny part doesn't even sound that funny anymore. "And she..." I end up just zoning her out. I love her, truly but I just kind of struggle to keep my attention on certain things when people talk, it's why I can't listen to audio books.

After about 30 minutes of walking Victoria leaves, bidding us a goodbye and running off to her house. This means we have another 10 minutes of walking, before I can ask mum and dad about the exchange program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mum, Dad we're home!" Oliver calls out. He takes his shoes off and throws his bag on the couch, sitting down next to the stupid bag. "Finally, home!" He makes an exaggerated sighing noise while smiling.

"Pick that up!" I yell at him, taking my own shoes off. I hear my mum call out my name and so I walk over to the dining room table. There I see my mum and dad sitting there, obviously waiting for me. I sit down across from them; they had a serious look on their faces. They look at me. Dad has a small smile and mum is smiling a heck of a lot. What was this about? Was it my grades? There pretty good, not great enough for a smile and serious talk or anything though. Maybe it's about-

"Y/N, would you like to go to Korea?"