Part Two - 04 | For Power, For Pleasure

Pursena slouches lazily in her chair, chewing on her jerky as usual. There's not much going on now, the classroom is silent, it's just her and the quiet boy at the front of the class.

Of course, she knows him too well. Many a time she has tagged alongside her sister to pick on him, to humiliate him, and nothing more. Nothing less. But she strays from attracting his attention, as well as everyone else's unless Linia is by her side.

She's alone. So now would not be the time to play around with a student. Besides, it's not like she really has such a thing in mind anyway, to be picking on someone. She's much too focused on the image of Linia and Y/N waltzing out of the class earlier.

Pursena bites down on her jerky, an angry bite that does not quite satisfy her hunger nor her emotions. All she can think of is Linia and Boss alone together somewhere, indulging in sweet snacks and drinks together without her, sharing romantic glances and such. Linia must be seducing Y/N right this minute, surely. Such a thought makes the dog-girl's blood boil. The possibility of Y/N somehow falling for Linia instead of her, when Y/N is the only one she can and will marry.

Oh, it bothers her so much. She chews her jerky a bit faster, grumbling to herself. "Stupid. Idiot. I should've been the one to go with Boss, not her."

She munches on her food faster. "Fuck it all. I should just go and find them. Even if I have to spy. She better not be trying to sway Boss with her... her stupid voice and — and dumb ears. Dumb cat."

It doesn't occur to her that she can be heard. After all, the room is deathly silent. It's just her complaining to herself and the only other student in the room, who quietly absorbs himself into his studies. He must hear her. If he doesn't, that's a miracle. He would have to be so preoccupied with his extensive studies that his ears drown out all other sound.

This, however, just isn't the case. At one point his brown eyes flick to the side, casting a sidelong glance at the girl. He only briefly turns his head to look at her, and instinctively Pursena's heightened awareness sends her eyes to meet his.

"What are you lookin' at?" she growls. The boy does not react or respond. In fact, instead of turning back to his books, he continues staring her down.

Pursena takes this as a challenge.

Little does she know, she's a lot less intimidating without her feline counterpart around. It goes without saying to all except the Doldia sisters themselves that when either Linia or Pursena are alone, they are no longer a threat. They're just another ordinary student. When they are not together, everything changes. Victims of their ruthless torturing become enlightened to a world of opportunity, of chances to finally be rid of their fear.

If Linia were here, the quiet boy would most definitely resort to hiding the shivers going down his body. He'd turn away, lock his lips, focus worriedly on the pages once more.

But now?

Now, there is no fear to feel. No shivering. No urge to turn away and hide. There is no Linia, therefore Pursena holds no power. When a Doldia sister holds no power, she is ripe for the taking. That is the golden rule. That is what makes the boy close his books, stand up, and face Pursena entirely.

Pursena can't react just yet. She doesn't understand what's going on. Why is this boy not afraid even though he recognizes Pursena to be his former co-tormentor?

"Oh, is it time already?" he says. Pursena gets no time to ponder his words before the doors to the classroom come bursting open. She gasps, taking her eyes off the boy and setting her gaze far behind her where a band of students come filing into the room.

A bunch of familiar faces. Those who have suffered by her hand. Nightmarish memories coming back to haunt her. It is as if these are spirits that she has had the liberty of tormenting, and now these ghosts come crawling back to send the girl into a shock.