10 | If Not For Those With Warm Hearts

...

"I'm not a killer," you say. Even though it was not that long ago that you found it in yourself the urge to summon that spike of ice magic next to Linia's head. Back then you saw it, visions of a bloody death brought on by your hands, but now you realize.

That's not who you are.

Your hands are illuminated by a soft green light. This energy makes its way into Linia, who can do nothing more but watch and await the judgment of her fate. You heal her, not because you like who she is or accept what she's done to you, but because you don't want to be known as the student who killed one of their own.

At the very same time, you'd be lying if you said you didn't have... alternative methods to taking care of this feline.

"Why?" Linia whispers. "You... seriously just..."

"Shut up," you say and finish healing her wounds, a few scrapes and bruises here and there on her legs. They all close up and the magic wipes away any trace of blood dampened by the rain. "Can you stand?"

Linia looks away from you, glancing up to the sky, then she attempts to stand. She begins by sitting up and slowly rising. But when she presses her left foot to the ground, she hisses loud in pain and her balance is thrown completely off. You catch her before she falls.

"Oww, nya... it's my ankle." Her pained moans overlap the fall of the rain. Though her tears have dried, the hurt remains. It must be excruciating.

"I can't heal broken bones, obviously... so I'll just have to bring you back into the room," you tell her. Linia brings her gaze back to you as she clings to you as a crutch.

"You don't have to help me," she says, "after everything I've done. Nya... and it was all only to find out you're crazy strong. Mmph... I'm done messing with nyewbies..."

You revel in how defeated she sounds

You revel in how defeated she sounds. You never thought you'd see the day. Linia has been a thorn in your side for what feels like forever, and if she hadn't targeted you, she would've targeted someone else. That's for sure. This time, she bit off more than she could chew. You aren't just some newbie with power on their side — you're the whole damn army.

At least... you are when you're pushed to that point. Unfortunate for the Doldia girls, they've broached that limit all for you. It took you long enough, you think to yourself. The girls couldn't have had any idea what they were getting themselves into, clearly — they expected you to be this weak, puny little runt who couldn't fend for themself — and now look at them.

Linia, who has cried for possibly the first time in your life and has suffered a broken ankle after witnessing just how powerful you are.

Pursena, who is still on the outskirts of Ranoa tied up and alone, wondering when she'll be set free after she's been humbled and humiliated.

You've got your hands on the reigns now. It's a funny thought. Almost makes you crack a smile as you watch Linia attempt to step on her broken ankle and waddle away. Every one of her attempts is futile; she's in too much pain to move so much as a foot away from you.