Part Two - 08 | Just One Kiss

The next morning, you find it hard to pull yourself out of your soothed slumber. The blankets are just too warm and cozy, and with the sisters hugging either side of you, the warmth is only greater. You're drowning in a sea of blissful comfort, embraced by the thick blankets and the arms of Linia and Pursena and frankly, you never want to get up.

You're the first to wake up. Upon opening your eyes to the sunlit room, you look to Pursena. Her ears wiggle, content, as she silently breathes against the side of your body. Linia does the same, save for a little bit of drool and a purr escaping her parted lips.

So peaceful. You can't wake them. In fact, why even get up now? Considering both sisters have your arms practically locked in place and moving even the slightest bit might alert their beast-kin instincts, you decide against it and remain there for a while. You drift back off to sleep, not caring if you sleep in or not.

. . .

"Boss," says a voice. It's unable to rip you entirely out of your sleep; you're far too comfortable with pleasant dreams playing on and on behind your eyes to respond.

"Boss," they say again but you ignore it. Too warm. Too cozy. You're gonna stay here forever, even if it means becoming one with the bed. You'll die and haunt this humble little inn if it means you get to revel in charming hospitality.

"Boooooooss..."

The voice grows desperate and a little louder, so naturally you start to wake to figure out what's going on. Your eyes peel open. You look around.

"Boss... get up..."

You look to your right. Pursena insistently tugs on your arm, a small pout on her face. The kind of face a dog starved for attention might make if dogs really could show off better facial expressions at any given moment. It's no shock to you that Pursena is wearing this kind of expression...

Despite her attempt at appearing needy, you're still pretty sleepy.

You try to close your eyes. "A little bit longer," you say, trying to doze off. You can feel your body being pulled under a blanket of slumber once again, a warm pair of hands dragging you deeper, deeper as you inch toward going back to snoring.

"Boss, no... get up," Pursena's whines persist. Your eyes open wide when you feel the girl promptly roll over onto you, placing herself right on top of you. She sits on your lap, eyes stuck to yours, hands atop your chest.

If you weren't awake then, you sure are now.

"Quit being a sleepy stick in the mud, Boss," she says and suddenly her face is devoid of all sternness

"Quit being a sleepy stick in the mud, Boss," she says and suddenly her face is devoid of all sternness. It softens completely, her lips curling into a sly little smile. She reads your face easily, looking over the flushed expression brought on by how she so casually decided to sit on you.

"That's a little close, don't you think?" you ask, but alas the girl cares naught. Her cheeky smile broadens as she leans forward, laying down on top of you, her chin resting on your chest.