Part Two - 06 | Turn Tail And Run

"She's not here," Linia says when you step into the classroom. Both of you stare at Pursena's empty desk wearing panicked faces. Were it not for the signs of struggle cluttered around this area of the room, neither of you would be worried. But you see it — a chair knocked down onto its back, abandoned papers strewn wildly about, jars of ink spilling black puddles into their wooden harbors.

"This can't be happening," Linia says and with frustration, palms a tuft of her own hair. "This can't be happening! These assholes!"

"Calm down," you tell her. "Freaking out isn't going to help us."

"But Boss! We don't know what they're doin' to her! When she's stuck, she does not fight back, I'm telling you."

You watch Linia pace back and forth, tugging on her hair all the while. A look of raw fear and distress lies upon her face, one that is strikingly similar to the time she gazed fearfully up at you, certain you'd be her murderer.

Seems there are more ways to scare this girl. Regardless, you stand by what you told her and grab the girl by her shoulder, shaking her. "Snap out of it!"

On cue, Linia blinks and stares attentively at you.

"All we need to do is find someone who knows where Pursena is. It's that simple," you add. "Quit throwing a fit and calm down."

"R-right. Sorry, Boss."

Although you reassure Linia to the best of your ability, it goes without saying that even you're a little shaken up. You have no clue what most of these students are capable of. That doesn't apply only to their magic skill. Assuming most of the student body is corrupted, you think of how many disgusting freaks might get their hands on Pursena. Even now, she could be somewhere fearing for her life. Her innocence. Whatever's left of it, at least.

You stop and take a look around the room. Empty, aside from the mess by the desks.

"They're serious about this little rebellion thing," you mutter. Linia's ears twitch.

"Pisses me off. Who do these rats think they are?"

"Your victims, that's who," you say firmly. "How do you not understand that yet? They all want you gone."

"Nya, not like that's happenin'! Not with you around!"

You narrow your eyes at the girl. She still doesn't get it. So you lay it on thicker.

"Everyone you've bullied and tormented wants you out of here, one way or another," you say to her, yet she still wears a smug, triumphant grin.

"Like I said, not happenin', nya! You're like some kind of guardian angel, Boss. A real powerhouse! I ain't scared!"

"That's not... that's not the point."

You pinch the bridge of your nose and sigh. No use trying to make her understand when all she sees this as is a challenge. The true gravity of the situation is unknown to her — the fact nearly every student wants both sisters gone, scarred for life, beaten, or dead. Anything works as long as the sisters taste pain.

"Oh shit, it's them!"

A male voice startles you out of your frustration. You turn quickly to find three students peering into the classroom, all of them panicked when they catch sight of you and Linia.

They try to run.

"Heeeey! Get your asses back here!"

Linia calls out to them and hops to it, sprinting after them. As for you, you don't see the point in her trying to catch them when you can easily take care of it. You raise your hand, close your eyes, letting magical particles flutter in between your fingertips.