seven

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦

"GIVE IT A REST. THOSE ROPES ARE TOO STRONG, EVEN FOR YOU," Nami says from inside a birdcage. "I've got out of worse," Zoro tells her, still pulling on the ropes that are tying him to a wheel of death.

"I don't doubt it, but I rather you don't break your wrists trying to get out," Amelia tells him as she bangs against the bars of the lion cage she's in.

"When I ran out of the tent, I... saw a town or... what was left of one after Buggy destroyed it," Nami tells the two, Amelia glares at her. "You mean, when you tried to leave us for dead?" Zoro questions.

"We were surrounded and unarmed. You were picking a fight you couldn't win,"

"I know your type. If there's nothing to gain, you're out," Zoro says, his face and voice void of any emotion. "Says the wandering bounty hunter, trading lives for a handful of Berry," Nami retorts, rolling her eyes.

"At least he didn't leave us for dead, Nami!" Amelia growls, raising her voice ever so slightly. " You would have done the same," Nami says calmly.

"I would never leave you behind, Nami," Amelia scoffs angrily, the orange-haired girl glances at her with slight guilt swimming in her eyes. "You know I wouldn't do that!"

"You already did, though,"

"When- Oh..."

Amelia looks at Nami and sighs heavily, "I didn't have a choice," she says as she looks down in guilt.

Nami looks away, not wanting to continue this conversation any longer. They have more troubling things on their hands. "I think I can get us out of here," the orange-haired girl announces.

"You mean get yourself out of here," Zoro corrects, "That's fair, but I'm going to need you to trust me," Nami tells him. He finally looks over at her, "just like a thief to lie to my face and ask me to believe her," he deadpans.

"You got any other options?" Nami asks as Zoro starts pulling at his rope again, for a moment he stills. "Fine. Just tell me what we're gonna do."

"What we've been doing. Waiting to make sure we're alone," Nami explains, taking a lock pick out of her boot. "You have a lock pick?" Zoro questions, "I have four lock picks. The clowns only found three," she tells him.

Amelia's ears perk up when she hears Luffy scream, instinctively she starts kicking at the bars of her cage in panic.

"Better work faster," Zoro says before turning his head to face Amelia. "Stop that or the clowns will hear," he tells her, making her give the bars one final kick before dropping her foot to the floor.

A few minutes later Nami is still trying to open her cage and Zoro is starting to get impatient. He starts pulling at his ropes once again until he notices Nami looking over her shoulder.

"What?" he asks, "This is my life now," she says refocussing on picking the lock. "You wanna trade places?" Zoro asks sarcastically, he hears something getting closer.

"Someone's coming," he whispers, Amelia sits up alarmed. "I need more time. Keep them talking," Nami tells them.

"I don't talk. I hit things,"