thirty

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭-𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲

AMELIA SITS ON THE FRONT PORCH OF HER OLD HOUSE. Her thumb gently strokes over the family picture in her hand.

A small smile plays on her lips as she looks at the faces of her siblings. She finally doesn't feel guilty anymore.

Footsteps attract her attention, she looks up to see Koby walking up to her. A bright smile takes over her features. "Koby!" she exclaims happily as she stands up to greet him, "Hi, Amelia," he says- a smile also playing on his lips.

"I wanted to show you something," he tells her, she looks at him with a questioning gaze. Koby rolls out a piece of paper and Amelia's eyes widen as she sees Luffy's face on a wanted poster. "Holy shit!" she exclaims.

"Have you shown Luffy yet?"

"No I was on my way to him but I saw you here," Koby explains, "It's the highest bounty in the East Blue," he adds.

"No way!" Amelia laughs, "This is what he wanted, right?" she asks. Koby nods his head at her, Amelia looks down at the wanted poster one more time before rolling it back up and handing it to her friend.

"You know," she starts, "I'm really proud of who you've become, Koby," she tells him. Koby's smile widens at her words, "I'm proud of you too," he says before getting pulled into a hug by the girl.

"I guess this is goodbye?" Koby asks as they pull away, "No, Koby. This is see you later," Amelia corrects with a smile.

Koby nods his head before he takes off, making his way to Luffy. Amelia smiles as she watches her friend walk away.

She turns back to her old house and makes her way to the backyard. She kneels next to the graves and whispers goodbye.

"I hope you'll be proud of what I'll do," she says, before pressing a kiss to her hand and touching each cross.

She walks back to the porch of the house and sees Zoro waiting for her. "Are you ready to go?" he asks, Amelia nods her head. She already said goodbye to everyone she needed to say it to, so there was nothing left for her to do there.

She looks down at the picture in her hand one more time before tucking it away into her bag. Zoro holds out his hand, waiting for her to grab onto it. With a smile she does and the two of them walk to their ship.

When they finally board the ship, Usopp and Sanji sit in the kitchen waiting for the rest of the crew. Amelia lets go of Zoro's hand and plops down onto the couch beside Usopp. "I finally understand why Kaya loves your stories so much," she says, "you really have a gift for storytelling."

Usopp smiles brightly at her, Sanji looks up from cutting vegetables as Amelia stands up and walks over, her energy level being too high for her to just sit down. "Can I help you with anything?" she asks, "Yeah, can you cut the onions?"

"Sure," Amelia shrugs before grabbing a cutting board and a knife. She cuts the ends of the first onion before peeling the skin off. "Do I cut them in small pieces, or?" she asks. Sanji nods his head, "Small pieces," he confirms. She cuts the onion in half and starts cutting it into small pieces.

When she's done cutting the second onion Nami finally enters the room and when she's done with her fourth Luffy walks in excited.

"Guys! Check it out," he exclaims as he holds up the rolled-up wanted poster. Amelia washes the onion juice off her hands and walks over to him, even though she had already seen the poster.