ten

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐭

"I'VE NEVER SEEN A HOUSE THIS BIG BEFORE," Luffy exclaims as they walk onto the beautiful property. Amelia looks around the garden in amazement, she has never seen such beautiful flowers before.

"Impressive, right? Kaya's given me an open invitation to drop by anytime I want," Usopp tells them, "Wow, all of this just for one person?" Luffy questions.

"Well, she lives here with her butler and a few other staff," Usopp explains, Luffy leans over the side of a well and whistles.

"Money really shows you who people truly are. Most people only care about themselves and what's theirs," Nami states, "Sounds like someone I know," Zoro says bluntly.

"And small staff makes for easy pickings," Nami says, ignoring Zoro's comment. "Why? You gonna rob the place blind?" Zoro questions, Nami walks a little ahead of him and Amelia. "At least a little blurry," she replies.

"So if you have an invitation, why are we going around the back?" Amelia asks, squinting her eyes at Usopp. "Oh, I never use the front entrance. This is more of a VIP entrance reserved for special guests," Usopp tells her.

"This guy is full of shit," Zoro says. "Maybe," Nami starts, "But as long as he can get us inside the house, who cares?"

Suddenly Usopp turns around, "Oops. You know, there's actually a more exclusive entrance this way," he says hurriedly. A knife lands between his feet, making him gasp. Amelia glares at the man who threw the knife.

"The hell you doing here, Usopp?" he asks, no trace of kindness in his voice. "Buchi, buddy, uh, Kaya's expecting me," Usopp says nervously. "Another one of your lies," Buchi says grabbing onto Usopp's collar.

"You ain't welcome here and you know it."

"I know nothing of the sort. I'm here to give Kaya an extra-special gift."

"Usopp!" a sweet voice calls, the whole crew looks over at the girl in a pink dress. "What a wonderful surprise," she sighs in contentment, Amelia notices her pale complexion as well as her weak frame.

Usopp smirks at Buchi before walking over to Kaya. "Kaya! Happy birthday," he says with a smile on his face.

"You remembered," the young girl says softly. "Of course I did!" Usopp exclaims, the man beside Kaya clears his throat-- earning the attention of everyone.

Amelia squints her eyes at him, swearing she's seen him somewhere. "Usopp. We've had this discussion. You mustn't show up unannounced," he says.

"Nonsense, Klahadore," Kaya says to her butler before turning back to Usopp. "Have you come to tell me another story? I do love hearing about your adventures," she tells him.

"I'll do you one better. I brought some of my crew," Usopp smiles proudly, and Luffy turns to his crew. "Is he talking about us?" he asks confused.

"It's so nice to meet you. You all must stay for dinner," Kaya tells them, Amelia smiles at the kind girl. "Miss Kaya, it is a bit last minute. I'm afraid the kitchen hasn't prepared for any extra guests," Klahadore says.