fifteen

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐣𝐢

THE CREW WATCHES AS A FIGHT BETWEEN TWO GUESTS BREAKS OUT. One of the men pulls out his gun, a blonde server kicks the gun out of his hand and knocks both men to the ground.

Luffy turns away from the fight and back towards his friends, "Good fighter," he says. "No cause for alarm, folks. Please enjoy your meals," the blonde worker announces as he steps over the unconscious men.

The man comes to a stop at the crew's table and sets down a plate of bread. "Hi, welcome to our shitty restaurant where the only thing worse than the ambience is the food. My name is Sanji. What can I get for you?" he asks, his eyes set on Luffy.

"One of everything, please."

"Any drinks? One of our signature cocktails to help you choke down your meal?"

"Wow, you're really going for the hard sale aren't you?" Amelia chuckles at Sanji's annoyed voice. Sanji turns his head towards her, his scowl vanishes in an instant and a smile plays on his lips.

"Apologies, madam, I didn't see you there. Would you care for an apéritif to start? We have several rare Micqueot vintages in stock. Or perhaps you'd like a glass of Umeshu? You know, something sweet for someone sweet," Sanji offers her as he sends her a wink.

"Is your eye okay?" Amelia questions, slightly taken aback by his sudden change of mood. "Just blinded by your beauty," he flirts back.

Amelia's face remains blank with a smidge of confusion. "I-" Zoro clears his throat, cutting Amelia off. "Waiter, can I get a beer and something for my friends?" he asks, his voice dull.

"Two beers. I usually have three, but--"

"And a milk."

"Three beers and a milk. And, uh, for madam?" Sanji asks, his full attention on Amelia again-- not paying attention to anyone else at the table. "Applejuice," Amelia says, "Clear, cloudy, sparkling? With ice or without? Cubed or crushed?"

"Uh- Cloudy and no ice. Thanks," Amelia tells him before Nami speaks up, "And a water for me," she says. "Well, hello, I didn't see you there," Sanji exclaims, still with a smirk on his face. "Right away," he adds before walking off, sending Amelia another wink.

It stays silent for a moment, but all eyes are on Amelia. "What?" she deadpans, "Nothing. Madam. Forgive my rude behavior, madam. Would madam prefer her apple juice in a crystal glass, or would a golden bowl be more madam's style?" Zoro mocks, making Amelia roll her eyes at him.

"Amelia's got a boyfriend," Usopp teases, making Zoro clench his jaw. All of them laugh-- except Zoro, whose eyes are stuck on the door through which Sanji just disappeared.

After a minute he's still glaring in that direction. "Are you okay? I feel like if you stare any harder your eyes will fall out," Amelia says, leaning closer to Zoro. The green-haired man glances at her as she looks at where he was previously looking.

"I'm fine, I was just thinking," Zoro grunts, "What were you thinking about that made you glare at that door like a madman?" Amelia questions as she looks up at him.

"Don't worry about it," Zoro shrugs as he sits back on the couch, Amelia eyes him weirdly but nods, "Alright."

Not long after ordering, the food was served. Amelia only ate small portions of food, her stomach not being able to handle much at once because of how little she was allowed to eat on Alvida's ship.

"Are you not hungry?" Luffy asks, and the girl shakes her head. "I'm stuffed," she tells him, "Can I have that, then?"

"Sure," she shrugs and pushes her plate toward Luffy. "I can't eat another bite. But it's so good," Usopp says as he places another piece of meat on his tongue.

"Oh man, you said it," Zoro agrees before taking a sip of his beer, "I'm not gonna be hungry for a week," Nami adds. "Should we order dessert?" Luffy questions.

Amelia looks over at Luffy in disbelief, "How are you still eating right now? I mean I'm glad you're eating, but how?" she asks, Luffy shrugs. "So dessert?"

"I already got mine," Zoro says, holding up his beer. "Mmm, that reminds me. We should do a toast. Come on. Grab your glasses," Luffy exclaims as he grabs his milk.

Amelia, Zoro, and Usopp reach for their beers while Luffy says; "To the best crew sailing on the sea and to our victory! Yeah!"

With a smile, Amelia sips her beer, "No, I'm sorry. What victory exactly?" Nami interrupts. "Against the marines. Our very first battle and we crushed them," Luffy explains, but Nami doesn't seem impressed.

"I don't know how many naval battles you guys have been part of--"

"Two dozen, at least."

"But that was a disaster. We were unprepared, uncoordinated. By all rights, we should be at the bottom of the sea," Nami says, "But we're not," Amelia pipes up with a smile.

"Exactly, Luffy saved us," Usopp agrees. "Are we really going to ignore the elephant in the room right now?" Nami asks in disbelief.

"You didn't think to mention your grandfather was a Marine? And not just any Marine, a vice-admiral! I mean- I don't know about you. I didn't sign up for that," Nami says, making Luffy's smile fall.

"You raided a Marine base. Of course that'll make you a target," Zoro tells nami, "If I stole the map, no one would've known I was there, as opposed to wrecking a base commander's office," Nami says.

"So, what about the two Marines you knocked out in the map room?" Amelia questions, feeling a desperate need to defend Luffy after seeing the smile getting wiped off of his face. "Sure, Luffy and I didn't make such a quiet entrance but at least we got the map!"

"And for the record, I did sign up for that. I chose to be in Luffy's crew, no matter the circumstances and so what if he didn't tell us about his grandfather? I'm sure we all have our secrets," Amelia shrugs. Everyone at the table stays silent, "Your bill, sir," Sanji says-- placing the bill in front of Luffy.

Luffy grabs the bill and signs it. "thank you, my good man," Luffy says to Sanji as he hands the bill back to him. Sanji looks at the signature and grins, "No, sir. Thank you."

As soon as Sanji is gone Luffy speaks up, "I'm not saying it's good that the Marines are on our tail, but we showed them that they can't just roll over us. This crew, our crew, can handle anything."

"Who the hell is Monkey D. Luffy?" A man yells.

How are we feeling about this story?

Also, I love the bond between Luffy and Amelia sm!