4. Reflection

Third Person POV :

He is standing in Jungkook's walk-in closet and looking at the clothes that are neatly organized on the shelves. He didn't give much attention to it. He just picked out a hoodie and sweatpants randomly without giving much attention. But what took his attention is a man looking back at him with the same confusion he had on his face. Yes, same expression because he was looking at his own reflection in a full-length mirror in the closet.

He went closer to the mirror to have a closer look. He couldn't believe his own eyes. The last reflection that he remembers was of a eight year old little boy who was not even half of the reflection he was seeing now. His eyes brimmed with tears as his hand reached out to the mirror, not even noticing the reflection of another male standing behind him at the door.

The boy who is now checking his painful bruises in the mirror, flinched at the sound of someone clearing his throat and turned around. Jungkook walked in, but stood at a distance because he can clearly see that the boy is scared of him.

He wanted to ask if the other was okay. He felt bad for him after seeing the glistening eyes filled with tears. But restrained himself because he didn't want to involve more than necessary with the stranger. He is not going to stay here for long anyway, neither Jungkook wanted it to happen.

He let out an awkward smile. "You can find towels in this shelf and...boxers in that drawer." He awkwardly showed him the shelf and the drawer pointing his finger and left the room not exactly knowing what to do.

The boy glanced back at his reflection in the mirror one last time before going for a shower. His mind was still going back to his image he just saw. He is a grown-up now, not a kid anymore. This realization made his heart break even more. How badly he wished to grow-up so that he can protect himself from everyone, from this cruel world. His wish is fulfilled but the reason behind it is left unfulfilled.

----------------------------------

When Jungkook came back to the room he saw the stranger sitting in the middle of his bed, looking so small wearing his oversized hoodie and sweatpants. His fingers playing with the hem of the long sleeves and brown locks stick to his forehead which are still wet. Looks like he didn't dry his hair after the shower.

He smiled unconsciously when he looked at the adorable sight in front him.

"You are still recovering and need to take care of yourself. You may catch a fever if you leave your hair like that." Jungkook's voice is soft even though he didn't intend to.

The more Jungkook went closer to the boy, the more he started shivering, his hands clenched into fists, grabbing the sheets. In spite of all the gentle words from Jungkook, the boy was still scared.

Jungkook extended his hand towards him expecting the other to take the towel. But he was too scared to even look up at him.

Jungkook was beyond frustrated at this point. He is trying to help him even though he doesn't like to get involved in such matters. But that dumb, foolish, clueless cute stranger is being stubborn and making it difficult for him. He is trying to talk gently despite not being good with people. Can't he see his efforts? What's there to be so afraid of him? As if he was looking like a monster.

"Oh…my heavens….I am trying to help you here. Could you please fucking try to be a little cooperative and make it easier for me...for us? Are you a kid? Not understanding my words?" His tone is rather harsh and a bit cold this time, his fingers running through his raven hair in frustration.

But he immediately felt guilty when he saw the boy trying to scoot back on the bed, trembling even more. Shaking his head with tears falling down his cheeks from the eyes full of fear, he clasped his hands together, rubbing them as if he was begging Jungkook not to hurt him.