It's me..

🎧please use the music provided above for a better experience🎧

November 22, 2010

It's been a week, and I'm still in hiding with these deranged lunatics. For the most part, I've kept to myself, only venturing out of the room when necessary. Surprisingly, since the incident with Tom, he's been remarkably kind. He even makes an effort to strike up conversations, brings me food, and updates me on the situation. Although I never responded to anything he said, I still listened.

Gustav woke up a couple hours after the surgery and surprisingly he's already up and about, and supposedly Georg and a couple of Toms other men are trying to track down our attackers but to no avail. I'm starting to get worried that my father would start questioning where I am but I usually disappear for days on end on benders, but I don't know how much longer they're going to keep me here.

                      **Toms POV**

"It's been a few days, and she hasn't said a word to me," I sigh, slouching into my seat.

"Because you've been a dick," Bill retorts, propping his feet up on the coffee table.

"Remember who she was to you, Tom. If you really care about her, you can't treat her like all your other past 'relationships,'" he says, emphasizing the word with air quotes while taking a drag from his cigarette.

"I don't want to treat her like that. It's just a bad habit," I admit, feeling a bit ashamed.

"If you want her to like you and talk to you again, you can't show her this side of you, Tom. And maybe we should tell her," he suggests, giving me a side-eyed glance.

"No, absolutely not," I shake my head. "Not yet," I add, reaching for a cigarette from the coffee table and lighting it.

"You're right," Bill agrees as he gets up from his seat.

"I think we should be in the clear to leave. It's been a week, and we need to get back to business. I don't know how much longer Georg can hold up by himself," he says, extinguishing the cigarette on the back of his palm and tossing the butt on the floor.

"Yes, and we need to hurry and secure those shipments from the drop-off areas Nat sent us. It should be easier now that we have that guy's head," I say, smirking as I reflect on the events of the past few days.

"They won't know what hit them," Bill adds with a sly smile.

Our plan is falling into place.

——

"Hey Nat you ready? We're about to leave." I say poking my head into the room.

"Yeah just give me a sec." She says sitting on the bed with her back turned towards me.

"Alright well we're going to be down stairs." I say shutting the door.

We're heading back to our other house to continue business since we can't risk problems with our clients, and Georg can't handle all the deliveries and meetings by himself anymore. Natalia has to stay with us a bit longer as well, whether she likes it or not. I don't want to risk anyone going after her.

"Okay, let's go," she says, holding the now-dried, bloodstained dress I gave her along with her previous clothes.

I lead everyone out of the front door and toward my car, which had been wrecked during the attack.

"Nat, sit in the front," I instruct when I notice her reaching for the back door. She doesn't say anything and simply walks to the other side, sliding into the passenger seat.