2000

🎧please use the music provided above for a better experience🎧

*FLASH BACK*

BERLIN, GERMANY

June 16, 2000

                   **Tom's (Nick) POV**

"Boys!" our father's booming voice echoed through the house, reaching us in our room.

Alexander and I were in the middle of getting ready for the evening. Our father had instructed us to look our best for the special dinner tonight, and he didn't tolerate any delays. We hurriedly fixed our hair and rushed downstairs.

Our father stood in the living room, holding two garment bags. His sharp gaze met ours as we descended the staircase.

"Here, put this on," he instructed, handing each of us a bag.

"You two have to look nice. Guests from abroad are flying in for this dinner, so your behavior must be impeccable," he emphasized firmly, pointing his finger at us.

We both nodded eagerly, knowing how important these gatherings were to our father's business. With that nod, we took the garment bags and headed back upstairs to change.

"Think Nat will be there?" Alexander asked while buttoning up his shirt.

"I hope so," I replied, a hint of excitement in my voice. Natalia hadn't been attending these business dinners with her father lately, and we had started to miss her company.

---

As the evening wore on, the guests began to arrive. Our father, Alexander, and I were stationed at the front door, playing the role of greeters. I couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation, hoping to catch a glimpse of Natalia among the guests. My fingers were crossed.

However, that anticipation was quickly replaced by disappointment as I watched the Lucchese family approach, without Natalia. Instead, they were accompanied by an older man with graying hair.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lucchese, I'm delighted that you could make it," my father greeted them, extending his arm in a warm welcome.

"Please, the pleasure is all mine, Mr. Kaulitz. You know I wouldn't miss this for the world," Mr. Lucchese replied with an eerie smile.

"And this is my business partner, Hans Schulz. He's been assisting me with our recent shipments, so I thought it was right time I introduced the two of you," Mr. Lucchese continued, gesturing toward the man with graying hair.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," my father said, extending his arm to shake the man's hand.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Kaulitz. I've heard nothing but great things about you and your empire," Hans Schulz replied, shaking my father's extended hand.

"Where's Natalia?" Alexander asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

"She's back in Italy. Unfortunately, she's not feeling well, so she decided to stay home," Mr. Lucchese explained, his gaze now focused on my brother and me.

"Oh," I said, my voice filled with disappointment.

"Please, do come inside. We have drinks and appetizers ready," my father suggested, gesturing toward the door.

"Thank you," Mrs. Lucchese said, leading her husband and Mr. Schulz into the house.

I exchanged a disappointed glance with Alexander. It seemed like tonight was going to be a rather dull night without Natalia's presence.

---

As more guests arrived, the party began to swing into full gear. Alexander and I found ourselves seated toward the end of the long dining table, alongside our father, while the adults chatted, laughed, and enjoyed their evening.