Mile high club

🎧please use the music provided above for a better experience🎧

March 19, 2011

                        **Natalia's POV**

"Hey, do you have another suitcase?" I asked Tom, my struggle to pack evident as I attempted to cram more into my already brimming luggage.

"Nat, we're only going to be there for 2 weeks." Tom replied.

"Okay... So, do you have one or not?" I panted.

With a sigh, Tom headed into the closet and emerged with a smaller suitcase, handing it to me.

"Thanks." I said, taking it and heading out of the bedroom. I made my way downstairs to the shooting range, where I opened the gun case.

"Hello, beautiful." I whispered to myself as I removed the M110 semi-auto sniper, placing it in the suitcase alongside rounds of ammunition and handguns.

"Are you serious?" Tom's voice startled me from behind.

"Whaaaaat? You never know." I defended, zipping up the suitcase. He chuckled and planted a kiss on my head.

"Come on, everybody's waiting at the airport." Tom urged.

"What the fuck, when did they leave?"

"About 20 minutes ago." Tom replied.

I rushed upstairs, grabbed my shoes, grabbed my other suitcase, and quickly descended the stairs.

Tom had already loaded the rest of his luggage and the suitcase containing my firearms into the trunk. I handed him my additional bag and walk towards the passenger side.

Ever since my recent incident, Tom had managed to gather information on the men who supplied my father and worked for him. Today, our first stop is Russia. Our mission: gather as much information as possible and, with any luck, uncover something we could use against my father or, better yet, use the information to set him up.

With my injuries now fully healed, I had convinced Tom to let me be part of the action. I had proved to him that I could protect myself, earning my place on this mission.
Lauren and Morgan are going too but it's mainly for their safety, since we don't know when or if Caterina would show up to the house expecting us to be there.

I settle comfortably into the passenger seat and lower the sun visor, sneaking a quick peek at my reflection in the mirror. My fingers instinctively reach for the noticeable scar, which I had the stitches removed from just two weeks after the incident in the hope of making it less obvious. However, it still appears pretty big and nasty.

With a tender and reassuring touch, Tom tilts my chin, urging me to face him. A soft, genuine smile plays across his lips, highlighting the adoration in his eyes. He leans in, his lips gently brushing my cheek in a comforting and affectionate kiss. His voice, warm and filled with sincerity, says, "You look so beautiful." and then he offers a knowing smirk. "and badass." He adds.

———

We arrive at the airport, and there it is – our private jet, waiting just for us. Tom casually tosses the car keys to one of the airport workers, signaling them to unload our luggage from the car and transfer it into the jet. As we step aboard, I notice a flight attendant serving Gustav and Georg drinks.

"PSSSST." Morgan exclaims, her voice loud enough to grab everyone's attention.

"You've got to taste this wine." she insists, pointing excitedly at the bottle's label.

"1960." she whispers in awe.

I can't help but smirk as I take the bottle from her and pour glasses for both Tom and me. My lips savor the first sip, and my taste buds immediately come to life. It's the sweetest and richest alcohol I've ever tried, it's true wine does get better with time.